What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice light stew in a tagine - with zucchini, mushrooms & shrimp.

Tagine 2.jpg

Pasta with peas, broccoli, tomatoes, and black olives then finished with Béchamel sauce.

18238086_1327698833961829_127780439201554968_o.jpg

Have not cooked anything this weekend, but have had some awesome food. This was one course out of dozens last night! It's amazing how good the Chinese food is in Taiwan :) lol

IMG_6319.jpg

Have not cooked anything this weekend, but have had some awesome food. This was one course out of dozens last night! It's amazing how good the Chinese food is in Taiwan :) lol

It is indeed; if you like Xiao long bao, Din Tai Fung restaurant there serves some amazing ones. They even have a branch in Taipei 101 building, I think.

Highly recommend it :mug:

OK, all you people cooking Asian food better get into Mexican food mode for Cinco de Mayo! :)

We're gonna have leftover smoked prime rib tostadas with homemade refried beans, homemade pico de gallo, sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, chopped red onion; and a homebrew to wash it all down of course. If I remember I'll take a picture.

I've got two pounds of pinto beans doing a "speed soak" in the Instant Pot. After that pressure releases naturally, I'll add the beer, onions, epazote, chili powder and a smidge of comino, plus a little chicken stock paste, and cook til tender, about 10 minutes at high pressure. Let release naturally again, drain off excess liquid, then stick the immersion blender in the pot and make the bestest, yummiest refried beans imaginable! I put them into a skillet with bacon fat to do the "refried" part just prior to serving.

Here's the teaser of what's going on. Had it marinading in a beer bath with spices and then crock pot for 5 hrs. Pulled her out and threw her on the cast iron for a quick sear and shredded her up

Who is she?

Back