What craft beer do you secretly despise?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Moderators - There is clearly something amiss with the site - NOT with my laptop. Everytime I clink on the link that will take me to the LAST PAGE in this thread, it is clearly NOT the last page. The thread goes on and on - appearing to not really have a last page at all. Please research this and let me know if there is ever really a last page.
Sincerely, Dead Horse

This doesn't even make sense or follow logic. "I hate how this thread goes on and on and on. I'll add to that without adding anything to it."

Here is a quick summary of this thread for anyone late to the game:

Post 1- I hate x beer...
Post 2- Really? I love that beer, explain
Post 3- Can't explain
Post 4- I hate IPAs
Post 5- I can't stand x company...they went down hill, where are the good ol'days!?
Post 6- I hate IPAs
Post 7- I hate x beer
Post 8- Really? Thats my favorite!
Post 9- Ugh, I just can't stand x style, only for hipsters
Post 10- I hate IPAs

Repeat

LMFAO this made my day

I liked "xxx" beer before everyone liked "xxx" beer...

what *insert personal subjective opinion that no one else likely shares* would you like to try to belligerently convince other people of?
also, I derailed this thread before anyone else derailed this thread...

Caged Alpha Monkey... Meh it's the beer that got me into craft but there's many better beers.. Just remembered that one as being extremely bitter and hippy upfront leading into a malty sour metallic taste, I struggled drinking that 12 pack but I'm going to revisit this

Secretly despise nothing, openly despise most of the commercially available stuff available to me. I'll drink ANYTHING, at least once and because if this, I now brew my own. Before I realized that I could actually make the beer that I liked, I never really put much thought into it.

"craft" has been hijacked by the marketing w@&k stains that try to sell us "Platinum Fusion Turbo" razors FFS!!

I really enjoy tasting the locally produced beer that is available at the markets, but have more or less given up on anything available in a store or bar.

Secretly despise nothing, openly despise most of the commercially available stuff available to me. I'll drink ANYTHING, at least once and because if this, I now brew my own. Before I realized that I could actually make the beer that I liked, I never really put much thought into it.

"craft" has been hijacked by the marketing w@&k stains that try to sell us "Platinum Fusion Turbo" razors FFS!!

I really enjoy tasting the locally produced beer that is available at the markets, but have more or less given up on anything available in a store or bar.

But what exactly do you despise about it? The fact that it's widely available?

If the locally-produced stuff that you like isn't available in stores and bars, maybe you're frequenting the wrong stores and bars.

Victory Golden Monkey and it's no secret, lol. A friend gave me a bottle for Christmas years ago and I almost gagged.

For them to try to take away market share from each other.

Without advertising, people are still going to buy beer.

Yes, they will flock to flavorless light lager because it's just so damn tasty.

People do seem to enjoy alcoholic beverages, but there are many other choices. Although advertising never works on me :), I've noticed that others can be influenced.

Flying monkey's smashbomb atomic ipa. I'm not a huge ops fan so take this with a grain of salt but I bought a 6 pack once and couldn't finish a single beer, the all ended up in my garden

The brewer from Magic Hat left and started West 6th in Lexington. At least that's what I've heard. The 6 in West 6th looks exactly like the 9 from Magic Hat, inverted.

I really thought I was going to be the first to bring up Two Hearted. Made it 35 pages before it popped up. I can drink it, but I just don't see what so many people like about that beer.

Going the other direction , Stone got a lot of hate. But Docoveza was one of my favorite beers of 2014.

wow, this thread is full of whiny pants haters. I gots me a lot of berry punching to catch up on. if you don't love and/or hate (or anything in between) every style of beer, than you are the biggest hipster and/or beer snob for having a sense of personal taste. line up you skinny jeans scarf wearing hipsters! I'm gonna punch y'all in the berries so hard that your waxy curly mustache is become a uni-brow!

if you don't love and/or hate (or anything in between) every style of beer, than you are the biggest hipster and/or beer snob for having a sense of personal taste.

But...but...the only thing that anyone is doing on this thread is talking about exactly that, their own personal tastes! (Or writing helpful posts like yours). No one's saying, as far as I recall, that everyone else HAS to agree with them...just that they don't like X or Y, or that they DO like X or Y and they're surprised that someone else doesn't. I don't understand, it seems like you're reading something into the thread that isn't there.

Anyway, go ahead and punch my berries.

wow, this thread is full of whiny pants haters. I gots me a lot of berry punching to catch up on. if you don't love and/or hate (or anything in between) every style of beer, than you are the biggest hipster and/or beer snob for having a sense of personal taste. line up you skinny jeans scarf wearing hipsters! I'm gonna punch y'all in the berries so hard that your waxy curly mustache is become a uni-brow!

Well thats not very nice. I like my berries un-punched. What if I add that to this list of things I hate.

I hate getting punched in the berries.

There, now Im safe :D

I understand not liking a certain beer due to taste but what exactly about being widely available is a turn off? Do you just have to consume something that no one else can?

Not a fan.

beer_277702.jpg

Well thats not very nice. I like my berries un-punched. What if I add that to this list of things I hate.

I hate getting punched in the berries.

There, now Im safe :D
you found the loophole! And you used the only pass on that loophole for the year. It's good for 6 months.

Good God.

Horny Goat's Black Vanilla IPA just made the list.

beer_298166.jpg

Flocc you, you disgusting, cream soda and hops flavored porter, you. Yeah, it's not an IPA at all.

It's cream soda and hops, thin porter GAHHHH, flocc. Terrible... the people on Beer Advocate have no idea what they're talking about.

I crafted a beer a few years ago I can't stand to drink. I suppose you could call it "craft beer", because I crafted it. Also, I hate it.

I hate that that blow-off tube got clogged and the seal broke on the fermentation vessel.

I hate that it took me 3 or 4 days before I noticed the broke seal.

I hate that I didn't have time to bottle it when it was time to do it.

I hate that the airlock dried out.

I hate that my house was infested with gnats about the same time the airlock dried out.

I hate that it got infected.

I hate that I decided to bottle it anyways.

I hate that 2 years of aging hasn't removed the green apple taste.

I hate that the dead gnats aren't floc'ing as well as the yeast.

- seriously folk, I don't recommend it. But I'm holding out that a few more years of aging will transform it further. :eek:

Stone Arrogant Bastard

I kept hearing about it and figured it must be good. Since i could not get any, i brewed 10 gallons of it. I can't look a chinook hop without thinking yuck and I live 15 miles from Stone.

Stone does not make my favorite beers but I do like visiting the brewery, for the food, and atmosphere.

I kept hearing about it and figured it must be good. Since i could not get any, i brewed 10 gallons of it. I can't look a chinook hop without thinking yuck and I live 15 miles from Stone.

Stone does not make my favorite beers but I do like visiting the brewery, for the food, and atmosphere.

You go to Stone for the food!? Thats what I dislike most about the brewery haha. Talk about under seasoned food. Most anybody I talk to as well say the same thing. But to each their own I guess :mug:

You go to Stone for the food!? Thats what I dislike most about the brewery haha. Talk about under seasoned food. Most anybody I talk to as well say the same thing. But to each their own I guess :mug:

I pour a lot of salt on everything before I taste it so did not notice. I have not been in a while preferring Churchill's if I am going to head inland. If you feel like making the commute up North, Bagby's Brewing in Oceanside is my new favorite.

I pour a lot of salt on everything before I taste it so did not notice. I have not been in a while preferring Churchill's if I am going to head inland. If you feel like making the commute up North, Bagby's Brewing in Oceanside is my new favorite.

Bagby's is killer. Im actually in C-bad, so its not too far. Love that brewery, great beer, atmosphere and food

Picked up some Sculpin.
I don't despise it, it is very good.
But not nearly as good as the $15.99 per 6pack my beverage center sold them for!

I really dislike Harpoon Winter Warmer and Shipyard Pumpkin Ale (Really any Pumpkin Inspired Beer). They are probably the 2 worst beers I have ever had IMHO.

Most anything from Mother Earth Brewing. I don't like the flavor of the yeast they use, which is kind of their calling card... tastes slightly soapy to me, like it needs more aging.

magic hat anything. every one that i have tried has been bland or whacked somehow. the worst thing is that someone saw me drinking one of their awful #9's one time and bought me a friggen case for doing them a favor!!

I used to love #9, but the last couple times I've had it I swear it tastes different. Anyways, I'm not a fan of DFH 90 or 120, anything by Brooklyn Brewing, and I would have said Shipyard, but their Black IPA is spot on. I had Old Rasputin once and wasn't a fan either.

Dogfish Head makes way too many different beers to dislike them categorically. Their Palo Santo Marron is really quite excellent.

Back