What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my azacca hops from AHA:)
20211015_145514.jpg

I can tell you what hasn't (and won't) come in the mail for me today...which should have been here on Wednesday. My flipping order from MoreBeer! 😮‍💨

Finally….Got some additional hops for another brew day as well.

Haven’t brewed a kit in forever, but price seemed right. WTH, WN?

8B74593F-6185-4AED-BE38-D1DC6B2CDB32.jpeg

What came in the mail? WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL?!? NOTHING!

After a quick trip from Central NY, my package of various camlock connectors and ball valves has been sitting in NJ for almost a week now! I'm just two hours up the road in CT!

Priority Mail, my Aunt Fanny.

View attachment 745713
The package finally arrived and GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY it was worth the wait!
Guy on Offer Up had three ball valves and some camlock connectors for $20 (plus shipping). Ad said "I've got more. Let me know what you need." I mentioned a couple more camlocks and he said he had them. I said how much, he said, "Still $20"
Here's the pic from the ad:
1634422805993.png

A box arrived today much larger than I expected. Here's what he sent:
1634422933691.png

Sweet buttermilk biscuits! Every connector I need and then some.
David, if by any chance you're here on HBTalk... Thank you. I owe you a cold one... or three.

RO system from Buckeye Hydro
Thanks for posting kman; looking to get an RO system. Would like to keep it under $200 right now. I see Buckeye has a three cartridge system for $120. Which model is the system you chose?

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
I received a new copper tube wort chiller, which I'm going to hook up in an ice bath upstream of my wort chiller. I've been having trouble getting my wort to the 70 F and have been getting impatient and pitching the yeast too warm. The finished product is great but I'm not sure if I'm tasting some off flavors or imagining them. I'm six batches into the homebrewing hobby, so pitching the yeast at the right temperature is the next step to take.

Tapcooler valve/keg connector with tubing.View attachment 746231
Ok, now this is something I need (that I didn't know existed)! Bought a tapcooler, but it's not a great size to use on my kegerator, and as such I can't really use it "properly", though I've been making due as well as I could.
Edit: I see they make a smaller extension tube, which maybe more like what I need.

Last edited:
Ok, now this is something I need (that I didn't know existed)! Bought a tapcooler, but it's not a great size to use on my kegerator, and as such I can't really use it "properly", though I've been making due as well as I could.
Edit: I see they make a smaller extension tube, which maybe more like what I need.
I have not tried it yet, hoping to this week. I'm gonna try bottling with the valve and without. $39 on Ama-ALMIGHTY-Zon. Got it pretty fast, stated 7-14 days delivery time, came in about 4 days

OK, I actually found it in an online brew shop here in Germany.
so I guess some will be coming in the mail to me in the not too distant future :)
How I miss Germany!!! 2 years in country I had to almost be dragged back to the U.S in Army chains. I miss Schweinfurt, Wurzburg , Nuremberg and Rimpar but not the bitter cold of Grafenwohr.

Yes, a 30mm extensiontube.I got all the accessories, the PR valve drain tube and the airlock ball valve adapter and the 30mm extension all on Amazon.

Yes, a 30mm extensiontube.I got all the accessories, the PR valve drain tube and the airlock ball valve adapter and the 30mm extension all on Amazon.
@BrewMan13 and @camonick. One thing I just figured out putting it all together, the extension tube I guess is made for Intertap faucets and doesn't fit my Perlick 650 taps...bummer. Also, the vast majority of my bottles are the brown 12 oz PET plastic bottles. The tap cooler bung WILL NOT seal around the opening of plastic bottles, only around the glass bottles. They should tell you that in the description. I wrote Great Fermentations and Tapcooler to ask them if there are interchangeable bungs for different bottles. Glass bottles are fine but I hate giving samples to people with my flip top glass bottles, they freaking never want to give the bottles back !!!!!! I'll let you know what they tell me when I hear from them. There are no instructions with this, a couple videos on YouTube about the Tapcooler, nada on using the Valve/keg connector. Best I can figure, one end of valve connects to liquid out ball lock on the keg, the other connects to the tapcooler with a separate co2 ball lock connected. Do yourself a favor and get the gas ball lock adapter for the tapcooler.

@BrewMan13 and @camonick. One thing I just figured out putting it all together, the extension tube I guess is made for Intertap faucets and doesn't fit my Perlick 650 taps...bummer. Also, the vast majority of my bottles are the brown 12 oz PET plastic bottles. The tap cooler bung WILL NOT seal around the opening of plastic bottles, only around the glass bottles. They should tell you that in the description. I wrote Great Fermentations and Tapcooler to ask them if there are interchangeable bungs for different bottles. Glass bottles are fine but I hate giving samples to people with my flip top glass bottles, they freaking never want to give the bottles back !!!!!! I'll let you know what they tell me when I hear from them. There are no instructions with this, a couple videos on YouTube about the Tapcooler, nada on using the Valve/keg connector. Best I can figure, one end of valve connects to liquid out ball lock on the keg, the other connects to the tapcooler with a separate co2 ball lock connected. Do yourself a favor and get the gas ball lock adapter for the tapcooler.
Thanks for the info. Fortunately I have Intertap faucets and use standard 12 oz amber bottles. I’m definitely very interested in trying it. I planned on going all out and getting all the accessories when I do it.

i forget what the rules are....but i got 3 cans of hornet/wasp spray because there's a big nest on my house! not sure if i should buy a bee keeper suit to actually spray it or not, the can said it sprays 25ft i think....🤞

i forget what the rules are....but i got 3 cans of hornet/wasp spray because there's a big nest on my house! not sure if i should buy a bee keeper suit to actually spray it or not, the can said it sprays 25ft i think....🤞

Just don't run out of spray before the nest runs out of wasps! LOL

Spraying late at night is supposed to help as they are all supposed to be home and in bed by sundown. Good luck.

How I miss Germany!!! 2 years in country I had to almost be dragged back to the U.S in Army chains. I miss Schweinfurt, Wurzburg , Nuremberg and Rimpar but not the bitter cold of Grafenwohr.

Cool I used to live in that area (Erlangen) about 20 years ago but moved up North near Dusseldorf.

Weird about the extension not fitting perlicks, I thought that was the entire point of the original. I've got 630's, wonder if that makes a difference...?

Weird about the extension not fitting perlicks, I thought that was the entire point of the original. I've got 630's, wonder if that makes a difference...?
Just make sure the extension you are buying is not for the Intertap. There is a short and long extension that will fit perlick. I think what you have to do is unscrew the top of tapcooler and screw in the tube into the top and then the other end should fit snug into the tap. Anyway just make sure you don't order the Intertap extension. When I ordered the extension it didn't say for Intertap. If you figure it out before me, take a snapshot and post it please ! Tapcooler did email me that a #2 bung should fit into a 12oz pet plastic bottle and the drilled hole should be 9mm. For those of us that use pet bottles to give away.

Back