What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shiney new 1.75 gal keg from Northern Brewer. I have an excuse to brew a 3 gallon in my Anvil since the 5 gallon Chapman's fermenters are occupied...what to brew...decisions decisions....im thinking a 3 gal Cristmas ale..keg 1.75 and bottle the remaining 1.25. I feel a Come to Jesus moment from the wife coming soon...3 fermenters at once 😳View attachment 743225
I love those little kegs. I wish I had less 5 gallon cornies and more of those little guys!

Tracked this down on ebay it is made to sit on the tap handle of a beer engine. Plan on using it once I get my cask ale setup down the road. I can't believe how good the condition is.

PXL_20210924_231053284.jpg

PXL_20210924_232016696.jpg

I spent a year in England and never heard of it. 17 years brewing and learn something new every day..gotta love it !!

Consumers tend to refer to them as handpulls, because that's all they can see from their side of the bar, beer engine is more the official name that refers to the whole unit. They're never referred to as "taps" - tap is a verb in a cask pub.

Consumers tend to refer to them as handpulls, because that's all they can see from their side of the bar, beer engine is more the official name that refers to the whole unit. They're never referred to as "taps" - tap is a verb in a cask pub.
I ventured into a pub or 2. I was more interested in the brew they were handing me than what tap or pull they were coming out of ! Quite a few Fullers ESB, Theakston old ale and some local British cider, can't remember the name just now ...in Gloucester England near the castle of the same name where they filmed Hogwarts in Harry Potter. Almost as equally fun as my 2 years in Germany !!!

That might be the coolest thing I’ve seen in a while!!!
I can see it turning round and round in your head Camonick....which of your fire engines might you get away with it. You will either go down in history as the most famous and beloved fire and rescue guy in the history of your rampart and town...or get fired and vilified...50/50 chance as I see it

I can see it turning round and round in your head Camonick....which of your fire engines might you get away with it. You will either go down in history as the most famous and beloved fire and rescue guy in the history of your rampart and town...or get fired and vilified...50/50 chance as I see it
This one!!! She’s scheduled to be retired soon.:mug:
3CA34AEF-BA61-4D4F-9030-5FA7F84F3453.jpeg

Tapcooler counter pressure beer bottler and accessories ! Woohoo !!!! Now all I gotta do is clean the 5g, 3g, and 1.5g kegs...😒😒...the beer and keg lines..😒😒😒...the taps..😒😒😒, get the CO2 tank refilled tomorrow and transfer the beer Friday night. So I guess by this time next week it should be smooth flowing.View attachment 744116
But you won't be allowed to drink any beer.

But you won't be allowed to drink any beer.
The wife has started letting me have 1 or 2 on the weekends. It's been almost 5 months since the heart attack, sugar is under control, I've lost 20 pounds so I'm back at my Army and high school weight !!! Lowest weight in 25 years. And I finish 3 months of cardiac Rehab next week. But that's why I got the Tapcooler, so I can hand out more beer to the neighbors and friends.

Yeast so I can do the inaugural brewing with the new Anvil 10.5. Local supply shop closed last week, was sold to a new guy who hopefully will open it again soon. But I never got him to stock any decent wyeast. He like dry and I hate dry yeast. So I had to order from the next closest store in Ozark MO.

In my case, it's what didn't come in the mail today, or more accurately UPS. Made a mistake on my delivery address saying that I live on 3rd Ave E instead of the correct 3rd Ave N. Of course, UPS can't figure the difference out and won't let me change it, so I had to contact Northern Brewer. Hopefully they can straighten it out before UPS gives up and returns it.

Of course, the order contains what I need for my next brew day, the Sierra Nevada Pale clone kit from NB.

In my case, it's what didn't come in the mail today, or more accurately UPS. Made a mistake on my delivery address saying that I live on 3rd Ave E instead of the correct 3rd Ave N. Of course, UPS can't figure the difference out and won't let me change it, so I had to contact Northern Brewer. Hopefully they can straighten it out before UPS gives up and returns it.

Of course, the order contains what I need for my next brew day, the Sierra Nevada Pale clone kit from NB.
Sorry to hear that !! That sucks

Back