What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 lbs of hops from YVH, via FedEx. Only ordered 4 days ago.
F2F9C565-25ED-4453-B376-AF72742F2D15.jpeg

Ordered a Chinook from Great Lakes Hops and they sent a Mt. Hood for free! The Chinook is to replace a Crystal Hop I bought from another supplier that didn't last a year, but everything I have bought from GLH has been great. To be fair, my first year growing hops I killed a Zeus from GLH, but that's on me for planting it in a crap spot. Having to find space for a bonus hop is good problem to have! Thank you, @Greatlakeshops!

I drove an hour to pick it up ... does that count?
View attachment 730500

i'd rehydrate and drop on a petri, try and plant them in the yard!

but this is what i got in the mail! SWEET! Going to finish this post, and this drink. then replace my old taprite single with it! (it's getting demoted to the lowly future 'bedroom' kegerator! ;) lol

firstkegco.jpg

pump heads.jpg

Got my new tri clover pump heads to up grade my March pumps. They are welded nicely. No more threads! My brewery has all tri clamp connections and I am trying to get rid of all the "threaded to tri clamp connections" in my brewery. Just have to up grade the chiller connections now and I am all set!

John

Three brand new kegs, 2 body primary regulator, 3 body secondary regulator, 3 Intertap SS faucets, 3 SS 5" shanks, lots of EVAbarrier tubing, Duotight fittings, temperature controller, stout nozzle, growler filler, a bag of misc kegging supplies. Everything will be setup for MFL fittings so the gas and beer will be in EVAbarrier & PTC fittings the whole way. Sourced from Brewhardware, MIbrewsupply, and Amazon.
IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

Received the second kettle last week. It can boil 4.5 gallon in 40 minutes. Perfect for my double batches brew day.

Put 10g in the anvil and 4.5 in this one, cold water for the dough-in, double mash tun, double 5g batches, not much more work.
20210604_134038.jpg

Last edited:
@Barbarossa
I had issues with the temp probe using it exactly your way. Condensation trickled down the mesh lead and into the metal case that the temp probe was in. Once wet it didn't work well. Had to take it apart, dry it and reassemble and it recovered. The metal probe that the sensor sat in was crimped to the mesh line. Rebuilt it and put some silicone around it thinking that would stop a recurrence but it didn't.
I now just leave the entry point outside the vessel, it still reaches the water.

I got some new spout covers for my taps in the mail today. Even better though was that I left the house today and stopped by the flhbs to grab my malts from the recent bulk buy (bag each of gambrinus pilsen and esb), then swung by a couple of breweries for a restock of some of their beers. Was a good day!

Back