What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll have to prise them from my cold dead hands.... :)

I've done the side by side tasting a couple of times, and each time the Rochefort has come out slightly on top for me. But the human brain works on differences, so you learn a lot about the beers by being able to compare them with others that are similar-but-different rather than just having them on their own.

Went to Oxford in 2014 to visit family, and while there my wife and I took a side trip via the Eurostar over to Belgium. Brought home a dozen Westy 12s. Gave a few away to family and friends, (still holding onto one). A couple years ago my son and I did a blind tasting of three beers: Westy12, Rochefort 10, and a "local" Sixth Glass from Boulevard Brewing. All three were superb, and while Sixth Glass wasn't too far out of place it did come in 3rd on both my list and my son's list. My son slightly preferred the Westy 12, while I slightly preferred the Rochefort 10.

Nearly two years ago I drank my next-to-last bottle of Westy. It was even better than I'd remembered it. I'm really looking forward to that last bottle, even though I have no idea when I'll finally open it.

8015DACC-807A-431B-82C8-145ECEC9307D.jpeg

Weird bacon

Today I opened a packet from Aliexpress that was supposed to be a motor speed controller for a second stir plate build but was surprised with a pair of large gold-colored hoop earrings.

Dispute processed, refund incoming.

Not beer related, but I did get my 2020 Estes model rocket catalog.
WOW, I forgot about that era of my childhood. Neabour kid and I had a small fortune invested in those. Nothing worse than the nose cone being stuck and the rocket returning to earth in an uncontrolled decent, splitting the body stem to stern! Good times!.
Joel B.

WOW, I forgot about that era of my childhood. Neabour kid and I had a small fortune invested in those. Nothing worse than the nose cone being stuck and the rocket returning to earth in an uncontrolled decent, splitting the body stem to stern! Good times!.
Joel B.

LOL! When I was a kid, I lived on Vandenberg AFB, and we had built our "fort" out in the wilds. I launched Estes rockets from there ONCE.

CONTRAINDICATIONS:
DO NOT build your fort anywhere near the landing pattern for the runway.

When a pilot radioed in that someone was shooting missiles at him, I was greatly surprised to find out how many Air Police and German shepherds they had on base. Arrested at 14!

Estes and Centuri (sp?) model rockets honed my skill at writing business letters at a young age. It seemed nearly every kit I bought was missing one part. Send a letter, and they always promptly supplied it. Fun days.

We lived at the edge of a small rural town, plenty of open space to launch and retrieve our projectiles. The exception, one that landed in a small pasture close by. That pasture was home to one very large bull. Didn't really like that rocket anyway! (lol).
Joel B.

Went to Oxford in 2014 to visit family, and while there my wife and I took a side trip via the Eurostar over to Belgium. Brought home a dozen Westy 12s. Gave a few away to family and friends, (still holding onto one). A couple years ago my son and I did a blind tasting of three beers: Westy12, Rochefort 10, and a "local" Sixth Glass from Boulevard Brewing. All three were superb, and while Sixth Glass wasn't too far out of place it did come in 3rd on both my list and my son's list. My son slightly preferred the Westy 12, while I slightly preferred the Rochefort 10.

Nearly two years ago I drank my next-to-last bottle of Westy. It was even better than I'd remembered it. I'm really looking forward to that last bottle, even though I have no idea when I'll finally open it.
Love Blvd Brewing! I really like the Blvd wheat in summer which I can't get here in Michigan. When my daughter was living in Lawrence attending KU, always brought a 6 back on the train. Still have 1, 4 years old lol. Just keeping it for sentimental reasons.

Love Blvd Brewing! I really like the Blvd wheat in summer which I can't get here in Michigan. When my daughter was living in Lawrence attending KU, always brought a 6 back on the train. Still have 1, 4 years old lol. Just keeping it for sentimental reasons.
Some starsan and another bung themowell thermometer with probe. Time to brew some Helles if I can squeeze 3 hours of time from the Command Sgt.Maj(wife).
20200228_135001.jpeg

Not beer related, but I did recieve some fancy plywood for making more boomerangs. I've been making boomerangs for some 30+ years.

I've been to AZ & NZ twice - a few weeks at a time, but would be interested to hear more about you're boomerang fetish (ok-I was messing with you there); but the boomerang thing... Love the AU/NZ folks; Would move to Au/NZ quickly if need-be .....I'm listening Paul.

I've been to AZ & NZ twice - a few weeks at a time, but would be interested to hear more about you're boomerang fetish (ok-I was messing with you there); but the boomerang thing... Love the AU/NZ folks; Would move to Au/NZ quickly if need-be .....I'm listening Paul.

I live in New Mexico outside Albuquerque. Must have well over 100 boomerangs. Sell them to a local gift shop. Keeps me into beer and gas.

Back