What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Side trade with @Beerwildered !
20190401_181111.jpeg

In line oxygenation from blichmann came today. Just in time hopefully a brew day Saturday or Sunday then.

IMG_20190403_174614.jpeg

Just received ingredients for my ‘MaCC Daddy’ APA: Rahr 2 Row, Med Crystal, Magnum for 60 min and Cascade for 10 and 1 min additions. I’ll inoculate with Imperial Cablecar.

It seems like whenever I think I’m happy with my brewing system, I find something to tinker on or change. I just installed a dial thermometer at the output of my mash to compare mash temps. Good to know that I have a one degree difference between what’s going in and then returning to the kettle for recirculation. So far I’ve tested with water and we’ll see if there is a difference with the thermal mass of the mash come next brewday!

57615900043__1906CE0D-5BA3-481D-940D-DFEC6F9317AC.JPG

IMG_4777.JPG

Oh and I just picked up this beauty for $80 off eBay!

IMG_4779.JPG

I took everything apart in that photo and thoroughly cleaned it. I’m thinking of grabbing some tri-over clamps, elbow and valve to make a yeast dump like SS has in their conical’s.

Two fahrenheit capable ITC-1000f temp controllers replace two STC-1000 Celsius only controllers. NO MORE TEMP CONVERSIONS, and no more risky potential of a red blooded American learning the metric system! :D

Whatcha doin with the old ones?

As redneck as the previous post sounded, the reality is I’m replacing them as standard preventative maintenance and I’ll just keep the old ones for a mid weekend emergency. They are both over 5 years old and run continuously, a large commercial refrigerator for one and fans and heater to control Ferm chamber for the other (in a non conditioned garage). They may have run another 5 years with no problem, but for $15 each,it wasn’t worth waiting till problems occurred.

BTW - +1 on the hobbit quote!

Yes! I just got mine about a month ago and love it!. 3 batches so far. I had actually been “retired” from homebrewing for 20 years and just came back. First thing I wanted was a Spike conical! There is some much cool stuff now.

Just got my CF10 and it was in the box for about long enough for the FedEx guy to get off my front porch before I was tearing it open and putting pieces together.
IMG_4174.JPG

They should have an “early morning” delivery option, waiting until 3:30 pm for it to arrive was killer.

Back