What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday was rather eventful! My tee shirt & drugs came in-old guy pills, & I picked up my Winchester 1400CS magnum air rifle. Dang air rifles are getting pretty serious these days, at 1400FPS muzzle velocity. Darn thing weighs, @ 9lbs, only 1/2 pound less than my '58 British Enfield! Steadies it nicely though.

Das boot! Err, boots!

image.jpg

Nothing beer related, but I did get the replacement master window control module for my TrailBlazer today. Now I can roll down my fricken windows again.

I was supposed to get some Oktoberfest decorations, but the postal service had a brain fart. Package went too Far East then was sent West the the next county moving through my town on the way... Just stupid! And late!

No, do tell. :)

Fuzzy memories for a reason that should be obvious:

It is a round robin drinking game based on memory and challenges.

1. First boot is filled "on the house". First person normally sips from the 2-liter boot and presents a statement to remember or a challenge (trivia or at the fraternity, a house rule). Failure meant buying the next boot or draining the remainder. This goes, round and round until...

2. Second to last gulp of the boot, unless as part of winning the above challenge, meant buying the next fill-up.

You kind of need a lack of issue with germs and an interest in community of a traditional German Round table to enjoy it. Only old-school Gaststatte still offer it so you more often see it in "traditional" Verbindungshaus and still popular in Schalgend (sic?, still practice fencing and display the cheek scars as badges of honor).

I spent at least two weekends a month in a Munich Engineering Fraternity when I lived in Liechtenstein. Oddly, not a hugely drunken game as everyone is working strategy to bot be the buyer.

Replacement bottom door hinge for my fermentation fridge. Been sitting in the basement as a hollow shell to this point, Finally going to get her put back together this weekend.

I got some ant-killing bait & poison from another concerned homebrewer who heard me complaining about my ant problem.

Thanks, @blizzard !

A bill from the IRS. They are so dumb... Now I have to provide them with evidence confirming for them how dumb they are.

I had to do the same. They deposited ~$2k in my account. I noticed it and wrote a check back to them for the amount.

They kept sending me letters stating I owed them money and I would call them and explain the situation. Finally I thought they had it figured out.

First of the year rolls around and I get a letter stating my Homestead exemption had been suspended due to failure to pay taxes.

I had to send them a copy of the processed check and then get a waiver to get my exemption back. It was a nightmare.

My daughter's Ukulele.

Ok, not brewing related, but still nice.

And my wife's rotors and brake pads. Believe it or not, I'm kind of excited about that one too.

But mostly I can't wait to play my daughter's ukulele!! =8D

My SS Carbonator Cap! yay! gonna make lots of fizzy stuff now. And that cider that didn't carb will be now. Damn, now I've got to go buy more 1 and 2 liter bottles of soda so we can bring our homebrew on our camping trips....

I got 30 lbs of 2 row, 10 lbs stout malt, 5 lbs munich, different crystal malts, chocolate malt, roasted barley, lactose, and I have a refractometer and a biab on the way. I haven't brewed since last March so I'm stoked to get started again.
I'm going to brew a pale ale, oatmeal chocolate milk stout, a pumpkin beer, and an amber or something like that.

Back