What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new 15 gal. kettle arrived today. I can finally start doing full AG batches!

I gave it a preliminary passivication treatment this evening, and tomorrow I'm going to see if I can't etch some volume markings on the inside.

Makes the old 23qt. pressure canner I've been using look like a toy!

Kettle.jpg

More of the gruit herbs for the mumme' came in while I was out yesterday! Just a couple more from another site & I should finally have everything.

An open box Thermapen. My $4 Chinese digital thermometer didn't take the transition to a new battery very well. Worked well while it lasted, but it was time for an upgrade :rockin:

Looks pretty nifty..How well does the ball 'stick' to the keg? My fear is it dropping off and then the desperate hunt for the little orange ball since I have some inquisitive 4 leggers(dogs and cats) here..

It sticks really well. I put the ball in the keg and the level indicator on with the keg outside my keezer and had no problems when I transferred it to the keezer.
It's working like a champ but the only downfall is watching the little orange ball drop knowing that you're drinking five gallons of brew really fast! Lol

Well, to get back on topic. My 4 kegs arrived today! :) Nice! Yeah, they ain't pretty, BUT, they don't leak and that is all that really matters!How can I tell? They were shipped pressurized and all 4 have a lot of pressure in them still!..One thing I did notice is that they are about an inch shorter then the other 2 kegs I have..Will have to try and get a side by side comparison shot..

kegerator 09.jpg

I got my 2000w heating element and enclosure for my eBiab setup I'm building. More goodies should be coming in later.

- 1lb Amarillo
- 1lb centennial
- 4oz Galaxy
- 4oz Simcoe
- 55lb 2row
- 10lb rye malt
- 5 lbs rice hulls
- 2.5lbs caramel 40L
- 1/4hp submersible pump
- Barley Crusher grain mill
- Smartweigh ACE110 digital scale

Also picked up at the store...
- 50' of 1/2" copper pipe and the required tubing/fittings to make a wort chiller
- Valve, fittings, 24" (3/4" diameter) of stainless steel brain, and silicone tubing to convert my 70qt coleman xtreme cooler into a mash tun
- Safale US-05 yeast

It's been a busy week of shopping... assembling everything this week, and brew day this weekend (hooray long weekend!)

Got my 'Rapi-Kooler' and a set of 3 3-piece airlocks..:) The Rapi-Kooler should help out a lot in conjunction with my wort cooler coil in getting the wort temp down quickly after the boil! :)

Got what will hopefully be my last needed Camlocks and 3-way gate valve for the maiden voyage of my newly constructed electric rig this weekend.

HVAC gauge set and a new refrigerant scale. Summer is coming and I'm getting ready to do pre-season checkups on central air systems.

Order from Austin Homebrew Supply came in today..I ordered their Pink IPA and got a FREE 5 gallon fermenter jug! Awesome deal!

Though reading through the destructions I don't see when to add the hibascus to give it its pink coloring..I presume at flameout???

Order from Austin Homebrew Supply came in today..I ordered their Pink IPA and got a FREE 5 gallon fermenter jug! Awesome deal!

Though reading through the destructions I don't see when to add the hibascus to give it its pink coloring..I presume at flameout???

When I did a Hibiscus beer I put a tea in after fermentation. You also should be able to be exacting with the color addition that way too.

Ingredients to make a coconut chocolate milk stout and also the la petite orange extract kit with some sweet orange peel and coriander seed from northern brewer

Got my new Astronomy book! :) Oh, and got my all grain kit from Home Brew Supply, a Peanut Butter Cup Stout..Gonna see if I can brew it up so it tastes like the awesome 'Liquid Bliss' by Terrapin Brewery.. :)

Back