What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome man, get after it! What basket did you end up with? I'm trying to figure out my process because I recently added a valve to my BK to get rid of the damn auto siphon but now I got a poopy ton of hops into the fermenter with only 6oz in the kettle. So much unsettled that I couldn't get a clean draw from the racking arm in my brewbucket for an OG sample

8” round by 14” tall with 300 Micron screen.

My grain order from Austin brewing supplies came in, I chuckled as the hops are labeled from adventures in homebrewing! Also to note the grains look poorly milled:(

I have a corona mill now and it's awesome being able to crush my own grain, but when I ordered it online pre-crushed AIH was the worst(only ordered grain from them once). Terrible crush and getting sub 50% efficiency on a batch with their grain was what finally motivated me to get the mill.

I have a corona mill now and it's awesome being able to crush my own grain, but when I ordered it online pre-crushed AIH was the worst(only ordered grain from them once). Terrible crush and getting sub 50% efficiency on a batch with their grain was what finally motivated me to get the mill.
After my inventory was destroyed I had to brew. Ordered an all grain kit from AIH, unmilled. All the grain came in the same bag. Don't like it. I didn't way the grains, just milled and mashed. I always get 88% efficiency. On this mash I got 72%. Had to add some dme to reach target. According to my wet grain weight calculation I came out 5 lbs. light. Never again will I buy a "kit".

A spunding we will go.

15499242915877803663471470329627.jpg

I got the lesser exciting stuff in the mail yesterday-
Some BLC and a new keg system cleaner hand pump.

Some more Irish moss since I ran out last week.

Most exciting- some vanilla beans. Gonna throw one in with my cocao nibs for a chocolate stout currently in the primary.

Last edited:
I have to pick some of those up too. Let me know if you get a pellicle!

Will do, it's going to be a sour heavy year for me so I want to give them a try instead of shelling out for OYL605 every time. I will probably try them first in a pretty standard sour in about three weeks, I will report back on how it goes.

Will do, it's going to be a sour heavy year for me so I want to give them a try instead of shelling out for OYL605 every time. I will probably try them first in a pretty standard sour in about three weeks, I will report back on how it goes.

I was about to buy some OYL605, too, so I'll wait. I haven't tried Goodbelly yet which I may convert to.

I was about to buy some OYL605, too, so I'll wait. I haven't tried Goodbelly yet which I may convert to.

Don't get me wrong only used OYL605 once and got my Gose down to 3.08 being pitched 48 hours after the Sach, worked just as I had hoped. But if doing the same process using a starter with a couple caps of the swanson gets the same result I'd be sold on saving the money. I do have another pouch of OYL605 I guess I could make a starter and save some and just reuse it like I do with Sach but from what I've read it isn't as reliable to repitch lacto.

I have only used GoodBelly once in a kettle sour I pitched half the carton of whatever the berry flavor is, got a slight tartness but I prefer a more potently sour beer. Pills into a starter just seems like the easiest route but we will see.

100’ of 3/16” beverage tubing from amazon. ~$12 with prime shipping. It’s a lot thinner than other tubing I’ve got (BevLex 200) but rated at 55 psi working pressure. For the price, I can’t be out too much. New faucet and other ingredients should be here by weeks end.

840EF7F2-A50C-4E17-9321-D1117C18920A.jpeg F5AEA473-4806-488C-938A-2AE92051EF85.jpeg

100’ of 3/16” beverage tubing from amazon. ~$12 with prime shipping. It’s a lot thinner than other tubing I’ve got (BevLex 200) but rated at 55 psi working pressure. For the price, I can’t be out too much. New faucet and other ingredients should be here by weeks end.

View attachment 613698 View attachment 613697
I use the same stuff. For the price, it's a no-brainer to replace it as often as you even slightly expect it might need it.

Back