What brewery are you visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8818C152-3547-4618-8157-8E506563F95B.jpeg
A7C52347-FE3D-416B-8B37-EB2F380766C7.jpeg
DAC5DEBF-7DF6-4960-95E5-9C354D327234.jpeg

Stopped in at DUBCO, had a Marzen and some great BBA stouts.

Isla Brewing Company (Isla Mujeres, MX). Small tasting room, really a tasting foyer. But, fun place with good beer. The Jamaica Mel Loco is a sour, which is good. But, mixed with the ginger beer (Cruda Ayuda) is excellent.
IMG_0146.JPG

Our son was in for Christmas for a few days. We hit some of our favorite breweries.

Saturday the 28th in Petaluma....
IMG-1302.jpg

IMG-3059.jpg

....and Santa Rosa
IMG-1306.jpg

Sunday the 29th in Berkeley....
IMG-1310.jpg

...and Salinas
IMG-1313.jpg

Monday the 30th in San Luis Obispo.....
IMG-1317.jpg

....and Arroyo Grande
IMG-1319.jpg

Tuesday the 31st in Buellton
IMG-1326.jpg

And finally New Years Day in Camarillo
IMG-1336.jpg

Last weekend I went on a very informative hour+ long tour of Dogfish Brewery before they opened. My gf set the whole thing up as part of my Xmas gift. We've been there before but never had this in depth of a tour so it was well worth the 3 hour drive. We went the night before and made sure to check out the Dogfish restaurant. Couldn't miss out on the exclusive beers that weren't on tap at the brewery.

Aside from the great beer, here are some of the standout moments.

1. Dogfish R&D area. They had a new IPA that's yet to be named or released. I'm a big fan of 75 Minute. This IPA was even better. I tried my luck at getting a growler fill but they turned it down since it's not even on tap in their tasting rooms.
2. In the same vicinity as the R&D area, there was a wall of barrels. These barrels were not in the same area as the rest of their bulk barrel aged beers. Every barrel had variations of the following written on them: UT-###. These were given to Dogfish from Sam Adams. They were barrels from their Utopias brews. Based on the additional barrels markings most were filled with Dogfish World Wide Stout, Palo Santo and a few "honey Trippel" dated 12/4/19.
3. Spotted a large quantity of empty cans for one of their new collab beers. Name: Vibrant P'Ocean. The label read "A cross -collaboration that melds the old-world charm of a 2-year foeder sour with the funky irreverence of an elderberry, elderflower and fleur de se, kettle sour."
4. Massive 10,000 gallon palo santo tank. This wood is ridiculously dense and has some weight to it. They had a spare piece to get a feel for how dense it really is.

I have a ton of pics on my phone. I'll have to upload some later.

Tour of Minneapolis breweries today. Wooden Hill, Utepils, Pryes, and now Bauhaus.
IMG_20200104_155818.jpeg

We recently visited Waters End in Lake Ridge, VA. Much improved from our first visit a few years ago. They fixed their oxygen staling problem of then. They had a Lime Wheat on tap. Yumm... I would have never thought of a Lime Wheat. I must make one!

Two breweries, basically across a parking lot in Grand Island, NE. First, Kinkaider Brewing Co. and then Prairie Pride Brewing.
IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

In my local area we are fortunate to have a number of craft breweries. Starting in no particular order...
3 Car Garage
Motorworks
3 Keys Brewing
Darwin Brewing
The Naughty Monk
and these are just within ten miles!
I will post pictures after my next visits.

Got back from Charleston 2 weeks back. Got to visit Palmetto and Revelry. Palmetto has a lot of flavor beers. Some I liked, some not so much. Revelry was great. Cool atmosphere to hang out and have a few beers. Pretty much an outdoor area and on a nice day is great. Had their Never Summer

Back