What brewery are you visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two roads and their new sour facility Area Two. Cheers.
E7ED528A-1A93-4DB2-A253-5350717E3D13.jpeg

Did a little brewery tour a bit south of me today: Old York distillery (great cocktails and overall experience; highly recommended, though not cheap), hudson brewing (decent beers, but the smoked porter, like most, was lacking in actual smoke character), and crossroads brewing (been awhile, but I've always loved this place; this trip was a bit lackluster, especially on the food front).

IMG_7375.JPG
IMG_7374.JPG

Urban Roots in Sacramento. Very good food, beer was decent to really good depending on style. Didn’t bother to take many photos. Atmosphere was energetic and fun.

Palm tree brewing in Orangevale. The 13% imperial cream ale is so damn drinkable. Beers range from good to great
And I thought my local place was crazy for having a 10.5% imperial cream ale, wowza.

You know you could visit Anheuser Busch breweries in lots of other places, right?

Anhieser Busch??? WTF!!! I’m throwing those delicious barrel aged beers I bought out of my beer fridge right now. Does bleach get the corporate smell out of a fridge?

Seriously though, there were tons of other breweries I wanted to stop at and Deschutes was packed to the brim. Add in I had a massive time constraint to get back to Sacramento, I was happy to stop anywhere.

Anhieser Busch??? WTF!!! I’m throwing those delicious barrel aged beers I bought out of my beer fridge right now. Does bleach get the corporate smell out of a fridge?

Seriously though, there were tons of other breweries I wanted to stop at and Deschutes was packed to the brim. Add in I had a massive time constraint to get back to Sacramento, I was happy to stop anywhere.

Don't throw them out...
Too bad about Deschutes, it's great. There are 70+ other breweries in Portland, though. Next time you're in town try Breakside, Cascade Barrel House, Hopworks, Baerlic, Great Notion, Hair of the Dog, Gigantic, or Upright.

Don't throw them out...
Too bad about Deschutes, it's great. There are 70+ other breweries in Portland, though. Next time you're in town try Breakside, Cascade Barrel House, Hopworks, Baerlic, Great Notion, Hair of the Dog, Gigantic, or Upright.

If I was in Portland, Breakside and Cascade would have been my first choice.

That picture however, is from Bend.

If I was in Portland, Breakside and Cascade would have been my first choice.

That picture however, is from Bend.

Aha! Then- Ale Apothecary, Bend Brewing, Sunriver, Crux, and Boneyard.... did you check any of them out in addition to 10 Barrel? If not, next time.

Great pics!
Bunch of us are heading to the Washington Crossing Brewfest in Washington Crossing, PA on Saturday. Can't wait...

Confirmed Breweries
Breweries and beers are subject to change without notice.

1911 Ciders, 21st Amendment, 2sp, Alhambra, Allagash, Anyday (Cidery), Barrier, Bells, Bolero Snort, Brew Dog, Broken Goblet
Bucks County Brewing, Cape May, Collective Arts, Crooked Eye, Double Nickel, Evil Genius, Fat Heads, Fegleys, Firestone, Walker
Flying Dog, Flying Fish, Founders, Free Will, Great Barn, Great Divide, Heavy Seas, Hidden River, Imprint, Lagunitas, Left Hand
Levante, Mahou, Manayunk, Moss Mill, Mother Earth, Narragansett, Neshaminy Creek, New Trail, Oliver/Charm City, Original Sin Cidery
Phillly Brewing, Platform, Red Lion, River Horse, Round Guys, Saugatuck, Second Sin, Shacksbury Cider, SingleCut, Sloop, Stone
Stoneyard, Sweetwater, Tattered Flag, Three 3's, Tim's Lair, Two Roads, Urban Village, Vault, Von Trapp, Weyerbacher, Wild Basin/Against the Grain, Yards

Visited Clockwerks Brewing in downtown Minneapolis last week. It was early on a weekday afternoon, so kind of quiet. Brett, the head brewer, came over and spent some time talking with us. Very impressive beers, and I especially enjoyed their Amber Alt, a true-to-form Dusseldorf Altbier. Of course, they have a Clockwerks Orange, but unfortunately were out of it that day. Nice atmosphere, and a cool steampunk decor.

clockwerks.jpg

Just got back from an overnight in VT. Hit up Alchemist, Rock Art, Idletyme, Von Trapp, Prohibition Pig, Long Trail, Harpoon and Whetstone. Pretty productive Tuesday/Wednesday :)

Attachments

• 20190521_114456.jpg
    20190521_114456.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 20190521_151254.jpg
    20190521_151254.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 32
  • 20190521_151707.jpg
    20190521_151707.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • 20190521_192211.jpg
    20190521_192211.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
  • 20190521_193656.jpg
    20190521_193656.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • 20190522_121002.jpg
    20190522_121002.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 31
  • 20190522_165344.jpg
    20190522_165344.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 20190522_175145.jpg
    20190522_175145.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • 20190522_180123.jpg
    20190522_180123.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 31
Just got back from an overnight in VT. Hit up Alchemist, Rock Art, Idletyme, Von Trapp, Prohibition Pig, Long Trail, Harpoon and Whetstone. Pretty productive Tuesday/Wednesday :)

Which was your favorite beer/spot? Of those you picked Long Trail and Rock Art were my favorites but Pro Pig is above and beyond. And did you hit up the beer cellar across the street from Pro Pig? Insane beer selection one of the best bottle stores.

Which was your favorite beer/spot? Of those you picked Long Trail and Rock Art were my favorites but Pro Pig is above and beyond. And did you hit up the beer cellar across the street from Pro Pig? Insane beer selection one of the best bottle stores.
I love Pro Pig, but they consistently run out of Bantam every time I try to get a crowler/growler. It never fails lol. Never been to the store across from Pro Pig, because my cooler is usually full after Alchemist and Pro Pig! I love Long Trail for nostalgia. They were my first craft beer love. Long Trail ale is simply delicious. As for the others, I would say Whetstone had the best variety. They had 10 Hill Farmstead beers on tap! I really enjoyed Edward. Plus it's at directly on the CT River, so sitting on the back deck in the Sun is awesome.

Back