What are you using for an enclosure and monitor for your automated system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N9BOW

Reaction score
I have Brucontrol several Arduino boards and I am playing around with the tools.

I am weighing on how to set up my enclosure.

What are you all using for your enclosures? Looking for ideas. I like the Idea of the touch screen built into the panel, but I am also toying with wall mount and/or rack mounted scenarios. I work in IT and can get my hands on some smaller server racks but wasnt sure if that would be ideal to house the controller.

Just looking for inspiration and seeing what the rest of the community has done. What works best for you and what is the cleanest/tidy setup. I have a 240v 50amp GFCI service dedicated for the brewery

Thanks

I think your best screen is the largest one you can practically acquire. This can be on the enclosure but I think mounting it externally (arm/boom/wall) gives you lots more freedom.

In terms of enclosures... likewise! Get more than you think you will need. Bigger is better, and you can locate it wherever you like when it doesn’t have dedicated controls mounted to it. 24” width minimum I would say, but it depends on the number of elements.

Yeah, I bought a 24"w enclosure thinking I was going big, but I'm really glad I didn't go smaller.

Another alternative would be two enclosures, one for high voltage AC stuff and another for low voltage DC stuff.

I am converting to electric, and happened to get a 12x12x6 enclosure for $15, thinking it would be no problem. But I have 3 contactors, a 24v power source, 5v power source, 12v power source, 2 SSRs, etc - and it is TIGHT!
I was also thinking of going the panel mounted touch screen, because touch screen is cool! But in using voice control for pumps, I am moving to just using a separate monitor to access the UI.

Back