What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking a little break from all the Octoberfests

10D2BEB4-9CCE-4763-860C-08D9C05E2485.jpeg

At last!!!

The weather has cooled down and, after three years, the Panther Piss project is finally wrapping up, so my traditionally UK-focused brewery is finally getting back to brewing some proper UK ales. I kegged this on Monday. It's Otter with 10% invert #3, Pub, and a stout whack of EKGs.

It's a clean slate recipe for me, aimed at replicating the "modular" recipe design that I employed during the Panther Piss project. After the relieved first sip, "Phew! It's good!," my second sip elicited a " No $(%*, I made Bass!?"

Certainly not a clone, much less a dead ringer, but it's pretty Bass-like. I think this is a good core recipe. I can see how to get to a northern brown, a brown porter, some nice bitters and--most importantly--an excellent mild from this base recipe.

I'm going to have a fun fall, winter, and spring iterating off of this recipe.
AEB97E5C-124F-4E55-ACAF-01F2CE1B354B.jpeg

Tonight is my first non-double-shift between schools and churches since Thursday. Not ever having had a Brew Dog beer before I wanted to say something cute, like, I wouldn't kick it out of bed, but the crystal malt eclipses the hops so much, I feel betrayed at having brought this home in the first place. For all the hype, this is just, meh.
image2.jpeg

On the other hand, I started reading Gluten-Free Brewing by Keifer and realized I had picked this up in the same experimental, beer-hunter adventure at Total Wine the other day as the Brew Dog. This is a fantastic Pilsner made only with Millet. You can tell from the empty glass I hated it. Totally. Not worth your time. If you accidentally buy some, just ship it to me. You're not going to like it. Really.
image0.jpeg

Nice beer, but as a filthy refractor peasant, it's the scope that has me drooling.
As long as the hobby is represented! I have it out so little it's an adventure every time! Jupiter was magnificent! Huge! But couldn't get a great picture.

OT... coffee before OT

A rather poor attempt at a Hurricane cocktail, in honor of our folks in Florida. It's certainly strong enough and it tastes okay, but could use some grenadine or Hawaiian Punch or something to make it a little redder and less boozy. (ice, 1.5 oz Trader Vic 151 rum, 1.5 oz passionfruit syrup, 1 oz lime juice, 1 oz Black Seal 151 dark rum, 1 oz apricot brandy, 1 oz Aperol)

A rather poor attempt at a Hurricane cocktail, in honor of our folks in Florida. It's certainly strong enough and it tastes okay, but could use some grenadine or Hawaiian Punch or something to make it a little redder and less boozy. (ice, 1.5 oz Trader Vic 151 rum, 1.5 oz passionfruit syrup, 1 oz lime juice, 1 oz Black Seal 151 dark rum, 1 oz apricot brandy, 1 oz Aperol)
You’re close on ingredients, doesn’t sound too bad.

https://www.liquor.com/recipes/hurricane/
A Dark and Stormy would also be keeping with the theme

https://www.liquor.com/recipes/dark-n-stormy/

Back