What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing spectacular, but pleasant on a rainy afternoon
20220816_145251.jpg

Down at the in laws in FLA. love Cigar City Jai Lai and saw this one from Cigar City. Fancy Papers Hazy IPA. Brewed with Strata and Idaho 7 hops. Hit the spot as an app before dinner. Haha. View attachment 777831
Have you been able to go to the brewery in the Ebor City section of Tampa? Great tour, and (as you know) some really great beer. Tampa/St. Pete has so much to offer. I'd think about relocating here if the summer heat were at least bearable.

A few from the last few days...

HB Huckleberry Session Ale.
7hrs of sitting in front of berry bushes picking the world's smallest berry - one and only time doing this
PXL_20220816_060932151.PORTRAIT.jpg

HB American Wheat and now a broken Easter : (
PXL_20220813_212846104.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220814_150253385.jpg

A few of these Guinness 0.0 (although, they're not really 0.0%). I'd say it's the best dark NA beer I've had to-date.
PXL_20220816_024456438.jpg

PXL_20220816_204402004.jpg

My HB Vienna lager kegged just gave me half a pint of murky foam, so I guess I’m drinking HB Pilsner. All the pictures of Oktoberfest really make me want to brew one.
I was excited to be able to sneak an Oktoberfest brew in this year. I had random day off and took advantage of a fresh lager cake to give it a try. I need to get it kegged but im going to need to force myself to when I feel decent. I made one with an ale yeast a few years ago and loved it. The one in the fermenter looks like itll be too brown colored though.

They had it there but I didn’t get it! Darn!
Grab some at a liquor store before ya head home. Its generally available in cans all over. I've only ever seen it on tap in Duluth and Two Harbors, actually.

OT:
Coors Edge NA from my wife's stash. I should have grabbed one of the heinekens instead. She won't give up any of the Sam Adams Haze NA. I mean, I'm sick ffs....

The one in the fermenter looks like itll be too brown colored though.
That’s the problem when we all discuss “Oktoberfest” beers. There are so many different beers ranging from the crisp blonde festbiers to the dark copper colored Märzens. The Oktoberfest I brew is a semi-traditional dark malty Märzen. My last batch looked like this…4F28BC7D-2D33-4D72-9365-EC78DD729756.jpeg

That’s the problem when we all discuss “Oktoberfest” beers. There are so many different beers ranging from the crisp blonde festbiers to the dark copper colored Märzens. The Oktoberfest I brew is a semi-traditional dark malty Märzen. My last batch looked like this…View attachment 777921
If mine skirts on that color, ill be more than happy. I'm worried that it will be in that dark brown bock territory but if it tastes good, I can generally look the other way. My first ale fermented batch was a beautiful golden/amber color and I was chasing that, but for whatever reason I grabbed Carafe II instead of the light color pale chocolate that I use for color adjustments.

Another HB Pilsner.
I just entered it in the Rocky Mountain Homebrew Challenge as a 5D German Pilsner. I’m tempted to send another 3 bottles and enter it in the 3B Czech Premium Pale category also to see how the scores and judging notes compare.
Good idea, bad idea?
My Vienna lager will be going too.
05AC309A-7750-49EF-AAB8-F51B3D273636.jpeg

HB Lawnmower Blonde in a fancy glass. I still can’t taste anything, so proper glassware seems unnecessary. I kegged this beer about 5 days ago and still have no idea about how it tastes. All I get is “cold and fizzy”. Considering that it’s harvest time and the work days last about 2 hours longer than I have enough energy for, cold and fizzy is good enough. :cool:
F3A0AED9-E5BE-4387-98C2-7CBF723461DE.jpeg

HB Lawnmower Blonde in a fancy glass. I still can’t taste anything, so proper glassware seems unnecessary. I kegged this beer about 5 days ago and still have no idea about how it tastes. All I get is “cold and fizzy”. Considering that it’s harvest time and the work days last about 2 hours longer than I have enough energy for, cold and fizzy is good enough. :cool:
View attachment 777928
What a horrible time to be inflicted with the ‘Rona if that’s what you have. At least your symptoms seem to be somewhat mild. Feel better.

Old Fashioned night cap.
On another note, do any of the regulars here have any tips for good spots in Seattle, WA? I’m heading there next week for a work trip so I’m looking for good food and drink, especially on the company’s dime.

I love Fremont and Georgetown beers. I dont know if they have food options.

That’s the problem when we all discuss “Oktoberfest” beers. There are so many different beers ranging from the crisp blonde festbiers to the dark copper colored Märzens. The Oktoberfest I brew is a semi-traditional dark malty Märzen. My last batch looked like this…View attachment 777921
I got one lagering rn and oh does it smell good!!

Back