What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rasberry Saison, perfect affter going paddling in a kayak.

Attachments

• 20220806_175956.jpg
    20220806_175956.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
@ThirstyPawsHB I charged a new 5 gallon oak barrel with a bottle of Jamison for a week, then aged the stout in the barrel for 6 weeks. I also used "Sugar Creek Barrel Aged Choc malt" in the recipe.
Wow. Never heard of that process nor the malt. What's your overall sense of the brew compared to solid retail versions?

15% Sake and more 14% HB Mead last night

PXL_20220807_004202946.MP.jpg
PXL_20220807_015243994.PORTRAIT.jpg

With my yeast pitched, it’s time to get my swerve on. If thirty years of brewing has taught me anything, it’s that the absolute best cleaning compound is a pleasant buzz.

A bit of cream ale to get the ball rolling. Not sure if this is approved cream ale glassware, but it’s a good vector for cleaning motivation.
D7009B57-3C78-413A-BBFD-4F89927F57A6.jpeg

Everything is spic and span and I managed to ninja my way out to the dumpsters with my spent grain w/o drawing the attention of my entrepreneurial neighbor (the gentleman that runs the auto-repair and body shop business that serves as the backdrop to my photographs) and his most recent business enterprise, a recycled 55gal steel drum-based T'ej brewery and banana brandy distillery.

Given that he has absolutely zero temperature control, his stuff is quite good. By which, I mean, I eventually pulled through and I'm pleasantly surprised that he isn't dead yet, because I'm quite fond of lunatics.

With everything clean, time for a celebration! Boho pils:
9D195231-884D-4B80-BD69-FDA6DF4352B5.jpeg

How much lime? Add juice or zest?
This one I added crystallized lime when I packaged. I had no room in the fridge so I primed the keg w a sugar and the crystal lime. I like the result. Last year I made a very similar recipe but I added the lime zest at flame out. I liked both but the first brew w the zest seemed to loss it’s lime flavor while this one is hanging on.

Back