What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homebrew Cream Ale. Pretty good stuff I think. I could be biased tho.
32474AB4-6EB5-4428-8021-EE1E9018FBDE.jpeg

Austin beat out 2011 for the hottest July. +4.8F then average. 🥵 I painted our roof shingles white back then. Luckily we don't belong to an HOA. I would've got my a$$ sued big time! 😂 For the record painting it dropped the roof temperature from the 160's to about 125F-140F depending on the coat. Didn't do a damn thing for our bills though. 😔

HB Maple/Vanilla Imperial Stout

View attachment 776867
Imperial stout in the summer by the pool.
Baller!!!!

I grew up in Austin. We never had a pool but the neighbors did. Do not miss the humidity!! Hang in there.
Really! We've been here since 1994. Moved here from Santa Cruz. Boys went to Oak Hill Elementary/Small Middle School/ Bowie High. We're looking to retire in Nevada, much less humidity AND taxes. Twas a great town...for a while.

Appears Mrs. Roddenberry has a secret life. Been a very... VERY....long time watching the original. Not without help.HB
PXL_20220805_030127299.PORTRAIT.jpg
Peanut Butter Imperial Stout

PXL_20220805_024459420.MP.jpg

Guess I missed this in between brew. You know, retirement is a race. Which comes first? Either your body gives out or your savings hits the mark. Torn disc is getting to me lately. Fricking dogs! Issue from 20yrs ago breaking up a dog fight and I dropped like a rock. Surgeon said it's unrepairable. Need brew and modern medicine....

Big pour of 14% mead and jalapeno 40% liquor with a little white pill...

PXL_20220805_020245190.jpg

Love my few Schlitz collectibles. I keep my tap handle collection in this cooler. The tap handle supposedly came from the world's fair when it was held in America.View attachment 776947
That is awesome. It used to be my dad's favorite in the day. I remember it in the early 2000s actually having some bitterness and hop flavor compared to bmc.

That is awesome. It used to be my dad's favorite in the day. I remember it in the early 2000s actually having some bitterness and hop flavor compared to bmc.
It was a very good American Beer back in the day. The early 2000s was when some of the original Schlitz family attempted to revive the once beloved beer. Timing wasn't right and with the craft beer Renaissance at the time it simply didn't survive. If I could come across the recipe I would brew it.

Back