What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outlet store find from the Mott the Lessor trek the other week. $1 a bottle. The bloody Mary mix is really good.

Proper glassware
IMG_20220521_201508.jpg

That’s a long smoke, it sounds like when I smoke a pork shoulder. I’ve yet to break 14 hour cook time for a brisket. It looks delicious!
Thanks brother...
20220522_173345.jpg
15lb brisket, started at 185 in the traeger with 2 smoke tubes.. all cherry wood. Once it hit 150 I bump the temp to 225 til it gets past the stall, then I wrap it and bump to 250 and take it off when internal is at 203f. This was one of the better ones I've done but it was also an excellent cut of meat...
OT

Thanks brother... View attachment 76958515lb brisket, started at 185 in the traeger with 2 smoke tubes.. all cherry wood. Once it hit 150 I bump the temp to 225 til it gets past the stall, then I wrap it and bump to 250 and take it off when internal is at 203f. This was one of the better ones I've done but it was also an excellent cut of meat...
OT
Nice. I might give that a try next time I smoke one. I usually just go 225*f on super smoke until 165 and then wrap in butcher until 202 and let it rest in a cooler for 3-4 hours

Nice. I might give that a try next time I smoke one. I usually just go 225*f on super smoke until 165 and then wrap in butcher until 202 and let it rest in a cooler for 3-4 hours
Due to the extra time in the smoker this only rested for about an hour, plan was for 2 to 3 hours rest but it was time to serve. It was pouring juices as I sliced it so I can't complain. Super smoke does seem to help but the smoke tubes really make it happen, I use a propane torch to get them burning good sometimes relight them about a half hour in.

Used to crush 2 dollar Killians tall boys at a local Unos.
Probably my favorite pizza on the planet. The Chicago Classic can’t be beat. Or we like to do a create your own with chicken, roasted red peppers, and spinach. It’s not on the menu anymore but they will still make the chicken fajita pizza if you ask for it. There’s not one near me anymore, closest one is well over an hour drive so I don’t get it as much as I used to.

Latest posts

Back