What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9E42D057-AF85-4B07-A52D-CD98F8B2182C.jpeg

Having another Poppy sour brown. This is definitely in the top ten for me. Gorgeous beer! 😋

Also, the krausen on my turbo Belgian Saison is 4 fingers high now, and the bubbler is picking up steam. Who knew two different strains of yeast could party!?! 😁 Happy Friday folks, and Cheers! :bigmug:

poppy3.jpg

Having a Belgian Pale Ale and watching my own Belgian go nuts! It has to be the second yeast taking off. Full bloop from the airlock again, and huge bubbles are forming. Pretty cool! :rock: :D

View attachment 762499

View attachment 762500
What was your second strain? It has a nice bubbly pellicle starting. My local blended culture is starting to form a“ramen” looking pellicle
D4882D4F-EDAA-48B3-B61E-F0D090336616.jpeg

What was your second strain? It has a nice bubbly pellicle starting. My local blended culture is starting to form a“ramen” looking pellicle

First one was Mangrove Jack's M29 French Saison and the second was Ardennes Ale from Escarpment. The only reason I think it's the Ardennes firing off is the colour and the huge bubbles! The M29 is a dark green powder, so was the first round of bubbles. The Ardennes is a typical tan liquid.

M29FrenchSaison480x.jpeg
ArdennesAle_700x.png

@Dgallo That is some weird-lookin' pellicle, Sir. Cool!

First one was Mangrove Jack's M29 French Saison and the second was Ardennes Ale from Escarpment. The only reason I think it's the Ardennes firing off is the colour and the huge bubbles! The M29 is a dark green powder, so was the first round of bubbles. The Ardennes is a typical tan liquid.

View attachment 762509View attachment 762510
@Dgallo That is some weird-lookin' pellicle, Sir. Cool!
Nice! I just picked up some escarpment Brett cultures from patent brewing company (they are a US carrier of escarpment strains). I’m excited to try them but unfortunately I got them with about 4 weeks from their “use by dates” so I’ve been stuck making step up starters for the last month.
0BD2CDE4-335B-491F-9801-EAF6E6A85F6A.jpeg

Doing another side by side with a commercial beer (right). Not brewed as a clone but what the heck. Not dramatically different surprisingly. Celebrator is lower abv, and just a touch drier. All in all very pleased with my doppelbock!

View attachment 762513
Don’t be afraid to drop a few of them off at my house lol

Don’t be afraid to drop a few of them off at my house lol
I'll make sure you get a sample for sure! Between bottling some for competitions, sharing with friends, bringing some to club meeting, and just me enjoying it, it's going faster than usual, lol.

Latest posts

Back