What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever tried the Caskmates Series? Jameson aged in beer barrels... what more could you want?
https://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/en-US/ourwhiskeys/group/jameson-caskmates-series
I like the Stout Edition ... also I HIGHLY recommend a Jameson Old Fashioned with some 50/50 demerara sugar simple syrup, the "Three Wise Men" (peychauds bitters, agnostura aromatic bitters, agnostura orange bitters) and a fresh orange peel twist.
Honestly, that glass was the first drink of Jameson I’ve ever had. I liked it. It was very smooth. I received that bottle in a white elephant gift exchange a few weeks ago. I did see the beer series on their website and thought the stout version sounded intriguing. This was a gift pack that had 2 samples shooters with it.
I have almost exclusively drunk jack Daniels my whole adult life and just recently started trying some of the Irish whiskeys. I like the 2 Gingers also, but it’s not as smooth and I mix it.
2AE67481-339E-4EF1-99D4-D4A0A21CBF5E.jpeg

Coffee here, too. The temp has gone above 0° in the last hour.

My wife’s sister texted her a little while ago and said the temp at their place, early this morning, was -41°. Their farm is in a valley and when there’s no wind the cold air sinks. They’re also 200 miles north of where we are.
E70C668C-AB83-416C-8B43-A3D4E83ED086.jpeg

Coffee here, too. The temp has gone above 0° in the last hour.

My wife’s sister texted her a little while ago and said the temp at their place, early this morning, was -41°. Their farm is in a valley and when there’s no wind the cold air sinks. They’re also 200 miles north of where we are.
View attachment 754211
Jesus that's like being on Mars 😬. I'm frozen to death if it's below 50°. Growing up in Michigan there was a time I loved the snow and cold. All those years in Hawaii, Texas and Florida made me a cold wimp.

DW = "Dear Wife" ... She and I MUST have a supernatural connection since she encourages and enjoys my homebrews and likes Adventinus dopple weizenbock
Anybody who likes Aventinus gets a pass in my book everyday! Aventinus is my all time favorite. The 1st Beer in Germany (1984) that shattered my youthful American misguided run amok led astray bamboozled teaching that Moosehead and Strohs were the pinnacle of world class beers. What a misguided young beer lover I was.

If it makes you feel better. He's just a rock'n'roll clown...but he takes cocaine.

Okay, here's the long story. I work at one of the Big Three guitar companies in the US. Drugs are pretty normal in my industry and at the company I work for. Personally, I'm not too into drugs. As a Gen-Xer, I enjoyed Molly/X (I had a pair of friends that were biochemists that did the synthesis). I never got into weed, and acid....well, my imagination is pretty wild without the use of that. No thanks.

That leaves us with cocaine. People really like cocaine. Me, being me, I'm not a fan of things that people like. I don't get cocaine. I'm hyper enough as it is. And it doesn't last very long. It's also expensive, whereas, I'm really cheap. It's a drug that makes no sense to me. Yet people seem to like it....Frankly, I don't get it.

Unfortunately, the company I work for really, really, really likes cocaine. So that's why I have Dr. Rockso, The Rock n' Roll Clown as my avatar. I constantly have to deal with coke heads, and I drink, for the most part, because I have to deal with coke heads.
And there it is...oh great powerful and scary clown face from the 7th level of Mordors Hell. Not as scary as I've imagined since 1st glimpsing your terrible visage..ive had all sorts of nightmare scenarios traipsing through my brain...but still scary...enough to give one pause and reflection while contemplating your terrifying image while dulling ones brain into an alcohol induced fog

Clearing out some random few bottles from late 2020. Brewed an old/stock ale today, figured I'd pour the last bottle of an old ale I brewed in Nov20.

Flavor's good, maybe a little muted. Head retention is nil. Tasty beer nonetheless.

This was Batch #13. Today's was #36 not including a couple meads. I've learned a bit since then.

Back