What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20211229_204951019[1].jpg

I see you post this one a bit. I’m brewing an enigma blonde next week I think. That hop is completely new to me, but do you think it would work as a standalone?

OT:
View attachment 753988
I do. And it was supposed to be an enigma only beer but my inventory skills are bad and I had to pivot and use Nelson Sauvign as it is a similar profile

8E5C8537-D324-4DFE-A1AE-A18E9D78B24A.jpeg
D7556C4F-AEB5-46B7-A60D-8BD0640EE047.jpeg

Probably final beer of 2021. HB WCIPA #2 (used Kviek for this one). Ending 2021 in quarantine as COVID + wasn’t part of the plan. Got a nice covering of ice and expecting 5-10” of snow tomorrow and -25 wind chills. Here’s to a much better New Year to everyone!
View attachment 754063

Sounds like a reason to drink to me but Happy New Year brother! Let's hope for at least a 6-6 season, eh? 🏈

In the meantime,

PXL_20211231_224321170.PORTRAIT.jpg

I'm hate drinking this year's Holiday Beer. It's a variant of my standard West Coast Pale Ale, but I opted to use some of the newer fruity/tropical hops in lieu of the trusty old C-hops. In total, it has half-a-pound of Ahtanum, Azzaca, and Cashmere. Four of those ounces went in at 5min and flame out and the other four were split between two cold and fast dry hopping charges.

The result is an insipid, generically fruity, boring mess. It would be nice as a July beer, but it's not cutting it as a Holiday Beer.

I'm going to dump this pusillanimous swill and re-brew with Cascades, Citra, and Amarillo. That makes good beer.

View attachment 753913
Save it for a few months !! It might turn into something surprisingly tasty !!! At least half of it.

Back