What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B555ED47-8B05-4145-B042-1207036F50C6.jpeg

Homebrew this week. Had a bit of a brewing hiatus in the summer, as its fishing season, and I'm at it 7 days a week.

Got three batches made in the last 2 weeks. This is the first. It started out as a Sierra Nevada Clone, but just noticed the grain bill is a bit off the recipe, with a small Munich addition. Anyway, head and lacing have developed quite well. Its one of my better efforts, but I really like the Pale Ale / Amber lager range.

Attachments

• beer clone SNPA.jpg
    beer clone SNPA.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 4
2020 BOC from @CaddyWampus. Still delicious. I brewed this year version of this beer. Can’t wait to share !
View attachment 750241

By far the most challenging beer I’ve brewed. I want to brew it again just to try and perfect it.

This is how I finished yesterday before passing out from a food coma.

53A58101-8B80-43DB-9A4F-751458CE1552.jpeg

America's Secret Weapon:

1/2 oz Dolin Dry, 2 oz Ford's Gin, 2 dashes Hella orange bitters (any orange bitters will work, but Hella is hella good!).

Make sure all equipment is SPOTLESSLY clean, including your glassware!

Stir with ice cubes made from FILTERED water until the volume in your mixing glass is diluted to 3oz ( approx 75-90 turns), strain into a SPOTLESS cocktail glass straight from the freezer. Using a vegetable peeler, peel and express a twist from a very fresh lemon on top, leaving as much of the white lemon pith behind as you can. Finally, put your opened bottle of vermouth back in the refrigerator so it doesn't go bad ( 100% critical, it will stay fresh for 3 months if you fridge it ).

Bonus points: use a digital thermometer to sample the liquid while you are stirring, counting the number of turns, your goal is to get the liquid to 32F or below. If you keep the volume of ice in your mixing glass consistent, you will get a good feel for how many turns this takes. A commercial heavy-duty barware mixing glass with flat sides and a spout is best to use if you can. If you make stirred cocktails often, it's a GREAT investment. A cheap Hawthorne strainer will work, but a stainless or silver Julep strainer adds a classy touch!

Best Martini you've ever had! I guarantee it! Even people who say they "don't like Gin" (LOL, poor bastards) will like this.

20211126_153810.jpg

Last edited:
More water for a crazy game...again.

View attachment 750326
Only a Scott Frost coached team could lose that game. New QB and on your own 7 - you don’t call a double move pass play which leads to the safety. Oh well, the VB team is just getting started - the real deal team in Nebraska.
60FF4E94-CC35-4355-BE4A-9AF0D37F8505.jpeg

Only a Scott Frost coached team could lose that game. New QB and on your own 7 - you don’t call a double move pass play which leads to the safety. Oh well, the VB team is just getting started - the real deal team in Nebraska.
View attachment 750328

You read my mind. The blocked punt didnt help. I see they have that strong arm freshmen starting. GBR!

If we don't win oh well...Black Friday's been good to me. Yum yum!!

20211126_164419.jpg

Last edited:
You read my mind. The blocked punt didnt help. I see they have that strong arm freshmen starting. GBR!

If we don't oh well...Black Friday's been good to me. Yum yum!!View attachment 750329
Yes, she’s got a cannon of an arm. She and my daughter played against each other all HS. They were equivalent (size/ability) after FR year then when we saw her during travel season she grew about 4 more inches. They were no longer equivalent.

View attachment 750334View attachment 750333View attachment 750335View attachment 750336Had a hookup able to hold these GI BCBS variants for me today so I didn’t have to wait in line and go out early. First time being able to get my hands on the variants.
Now I’m enjoying these delicious MA beers from @TheDudeLebowski!! 🤤🤤🤤

After last year, I was reluctant on dropping $100 for the variants. The cherry wood and brand 14 caught my attention. Can you sample tonight for me?? 😉

Yeast pitched, pretty much done cleaning up. I decided I could brew today about 11AM. The LHBS opens at 11. Headed downtown, stopped at Target on the way by, for water (Black Friday crowd; place was a fricken zoo) got my ingredients at the HBS and BSed with the owner for awhile (he’s a great guy) and was back home, heating strike water, before 1 PM. Now I‘m drinking a Scotch Ale and ready for T-day leftovers for supper.

Just another day in paradise. ;)
25D0746C-7B54-47D4-8321-F55ACC886964.jpeg

Back