What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to finish off the Kölsch so I can keg west coast IPA...accidentally froze the keg,so this involves me and DW pouring huge volumes of foam to rest in the fridge...
20210924_192847.jpg

My eyes are applying some serious stink eye to my first batch with Verdant yeast while my mouth is rejoicing. It’s tasty stuff, but boy golly is that some turbid beer! I hit it with biofine to no effect, then I hit it with a vengeful dose of gelatin. Verdant wasn’t phased in the least. I really want to like Verdant, but that’s one seriously ugly beer!

8AA06095-CFF6-4AA9-9731-8240812886DF.jpeg

HB 12% Bourbon Barrel aged Imperial Red. I know about the glass but my tolerance can handle a glass this big. Lol. 😴Dang these pictures suck. Oh well it is crystal clear but can't seem to get a good shot.

Anyone that has tried to take a picture of really clear beer can see what you've got there. It's a beauty! It has that firey orange/red thing going on that is so pleasing to hold up to the light. Nice work!

I also hear you about the tolerance thing. The older I get, the less frequently I trek past 1.070. Being an official adult sucks sometimes.

My eyes are applying some serious stink eye to my first batch with Verdant yeast while my mouth is rejoicing. It’s tasty stuff, but boy golly is that some turbid beer! I hit it with biofine to no effect, then I hit it with a vengeful dose of gelatin. Verdant wasn’t phased in the least. I really want to like Verdant, but that’s one seriously ugly beer!

View attachment 743447
It's all about the taste.

"I hit it with biofine to no effect, then I hit it with a vengeful dose of gelatin."
Looks like a clinger. Won't even budge even thought it is sideways! I thinks you used tooooo much gelatin! 😂
Just kidding the 12%er is starting to kick in. LOL.

"I hit it with biofine to no effect, then I hit it with a vengeful dose of gelatin."
Looks like a clinger. Won't even budge even thought it is sideways! I thinks you used tooooo much gelatin! 😂
Just kidding the 12%er is starting to kick in. LOL.

You know, I've been wondering the same. That dose of gelatin might've been a bit too spiteful--or it's a clinger. I'll know in a couple of weeks when I keg the second generation that is currently working on a brown ale.

First of 3 different Farmhouse/wild ales I brewed earlier this summer.

Cultures: I propagated and blended from the dregs of two local breweries from two spontaneously fermentated beers 1) Indian Latter Farms - koelship which is coolshiped down wind from their orchard. 2) Plan Bee brewing - Farm Beer dregs which consists of a blend of cultures from their bee hives. The beer was then aged for about a month on Sour Dark Cherries from Fox Brothers Farm in Hudson, ny.

Named in honor of our cat Binx who is wild (sorry @fourfarthing for kinda stealing your naming thing but it worked so well lol)
B44E13EA-BA3B-4E82-89FE-D9DA3C28FE0F.jpeg

Back