What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Irish Extra Stout

20210916_185347.jpg

Oh Sweet Jesus please no say it ain't so!!! Cream of corn ale ??? I KNOW Bongo had something to do with that I just Know it !!!! 😖😳
Haha it’s really just a cream ale. There is corn added, but that’s standard in a lot of recipes. It’s mostly a play on word because for decades, my hometown had a del monte corn and pea packing plant. That factory closed down sometime in 2019 and the brewery is mostly paying homage to that, and the disintegration of the towns annual corn day festival when the plant closed. Also, that particular beer is fantastic.

How is it? Been thinking about making a Schwarzabier for my father for a while.
I really enjoy it. I could be a little biased though. This particular recipe is a Kostritzer clone that came from @Beermeister32. I sent some bottles to Aurora to the Rocky Mountain Homebrew Challenge to be judged on the 25th. We’ll see what the judges think. I’ve also received a couple from @BrewMan13 in the last FotHB and his were very good too.

7EAAF149-2502-411F-A1B4-57169272E90F.jpeg
Pulled out this Wee Heavy from @fourfarthing. If my memory is correct I received it around June 2020. Brought it to home brew club tonight to share. It was a hit with everyone. The raisin & caramel characters were strong but damn it was delicious and even better as it warmed up! Well done sir!!!

PXL_20210916_174453952 (Mittel).jpg

My 12 beer of christmas 2021 german edition contribution.
The spiced bourbon stout. I went with an imperial stout, 19°P. I used both the S04 and M42. The mix worked pretty good, it's almost a 10% abv beer. It didnt get as black as i wanted it, bc I ran out of CaraAroma, but I'm very happy with it. Cheers.

Back