What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oatmeal Stout & Octoberfest.jpg

Oatmeal Stout Octoberfest Lager

View attachment 742216

Finally got my hands on the real Budweiser

This, too 🙂 So the story is that in the 70s, the legal drinking age in Florida was 18. I went to UF at that time and all the bars had deals on slow nights to get the students in. One bar had "foreign beer night" with 2 for 1 bottles of beer. First introduction to the likes of Budvar, Pilsner Urquell, Spaten - all lagers but something very different from shitty Budweiser. Then I moved to Scotland and moved onto ales.

Don't understand why I have not tried it yet. I see it in just about every store I've ever gone in. Too stuck on the bocks and Doppelbocks for 40 years I guess.

Try it

It’s got nice body and it’s malt profile is very pleasant I’d describe it as very friendly well balanced - and by me it’s cheap

trying to convert a BMC drinker so I have been feeding him this and it seems to be working

Try it

It’s got nice body and it’s malt profile is very pleasant I’d describe it as very friendly well balanced - and by me it’s cheap

trying to convert a BMC drinker so I have been feeding him this and it seems to be working

I almost bought it today, myself. I won't pass it up next time.

Good luck with your conversion. I've never pulled it off, though I've tried.

Had a glass of my English bitter (only 3% ABV) with dinner tonight. Mom brought over some swordfish, so we both had the ale with it (she had some before dinner). Damned good beer. Used MO, victory malt and first gold hops. The current keg on tap is almost gone. But I already have it's replacement in the keezer and on CO2 waiting.

View attachment 742237i
I just did ribs too gotta love them

I did baby backs on a Weber kettle for about 5 hours than I glazed them pulled them at 201 - they poked very tender and I can confirm they were
View attachment 742238
Them look delicious. I Also smoked for 5 hours on a pellet smoker basted with butter brown sugar and bbq mixture. pulled them off at 200deg. Very tasty.

HB vanilla oat stout. Still have about seven bottles from being brewed last December. Brewing is scarce for awhile (moving!), but I might need to expedite a replacement stout.
C06E031B-B71F-4E3D-A064-72402C8A9A2B.jpeg

Aaand the last pour of my latest ipa from the ukeg. Should be crystal clear but I was hoping for a full glass ><
05AD51C5-D291-41F5-AE4D-3421DC699DF7.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 742237i
I just did ribs too gotta love them

I did baby backs on a Weber kettle for about 5 hours than I glazed them pulled them at 201 - they poked very tender and I can confirm they were
Them look delicious. I Also smoked for 5 hours on a pellet smoker basted with butter brown sugar and bbq mixture. pulled them off at 200deg. Very tasty.
image.jpg

For desert a blackberry and raspberry pie warm with butter pecan ice cream and Hershey’s chocolate syrup

Back