What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dry Gin Martini, orange bitters and a twist.
20210813_163543.jpg

Last edited:
I love beers and brewing, but there is certainly room for good whiskey and gin! (And Rum too according to the Mrs. although I personally find it boring unless I'm on vacay)
Base your vaca's on booze :) I'm split on a Whistle Pig/Barre Hill or Portland adventure. Never boring 😁

OT: Carolinas ain't got sh-t on humidity!!!

IMG_20210813_183121.jpg

Got an awesome porch bomb from @RCope from this round of the FOTHB Trade! Here is the link for anyone interested in future round;
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/fothb-xiv-lambic-pentameter.693436/page-3
Started off with his Jai Alai clone. This is actually pretty close to the real thing. I like the aroma. Great west coast notes of resin, earth , and floral. Color is great (picture doesn’t really depict it properly). I’m a big stickler on head formation and retention as I think it add so much to the drinking experience and feel of the beer...well this is perfect for the style in that category! Firm bitterness but it’s smooth. It’s genuinely a great beer.
F981D3B4-8436-476F-8054-3A957399534F.jpeg
F011AD31-25A7-423A-B994-111CFF2035B6.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m sure I can or @TheDudeLebowski can. I look around for you
I can definitely get it. I use to include Lone Pine in FOTD as hard to get but now I see it on the shelves down here. My vaca has been delayed but Maine will be in a long vaca. Probably hitting VT and then ME within a month. There's a bunch of new breweries I want to haul. I'll let you know @TBC . Killing me as FreakFolk is having a release tomorrow and I was suppose to be there. MOTL is still waiting to be picked up. F'n work!

OT: great hb esb from @TheEagleRising
IMG_20210813_203034.jpg

HB rye pale ale. Really been digging the rye experiments. It might be a mainstay.
127BB0AD-18C7-4658-9A63-310DF9D5895F.jpeg

Also gotta show off the old cans (mostly local) my wife and I found in her grandparents garage. They’d been slowly cleaning it out and were planning on just tossing these but I’m going to try and find them a good home. I took about half because of duplicates but might end up with more. Some are even still full!
0D481D39-CFF7-4CFB-9A4C-F4CC04A7815C.jpeg

Last edited:
My day started at 4 AM, now it’s tacos and homebrew (Altbier) at 9:45 PM. In between I drove 90 miles, round trip, to the county fair, fed about 100 folks breakfast, took a nap, and got started harvesting spring wheat. I need another beer, and some more sleep. :cool:

F2ADE54D-F263-486E-94F8-66C13F35C847.jpeg

Back