What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Wit

EBD5691A-44D2-4584-A34B-D3126A8AFDEC.jpeg

HB Consecration clone

50608F16-F4D3-49A0-9F64-35C120422D78.jpeg

Rodenbach

B29723F3-9F74-4ED2-8B21-4C814E03E536.jpeg

Hey man, you're drinking all my beers!!! :D Those are local to me. Do you live here? Move here? Vacationing here?
I’m staying in Avila for a few weeks on vacation and doing some research. So far Liquid Gravity in SLO has been a great find. There Does Not Exist has some tasty offerings and Colony Mash is a new spot in Atascadero that had good stuff. I’ll be out here another 10 days conducting more research. Earlier on the trip I picked up some 8bit hazies that were very solid. I shared some HB with the brewer at Liquid Gravity. He and his wife said it was good. Brendan was really cool about talking shop regarding his brewing processes. What a great stop on many levels. He gave me a personal brewery tour at Central Coast Brewing’s new Higuera location a few years back. Quality guy.

I’m staying in Avila for a few weeks on vacation and doing some research. So far Liquid Gravity in SLO has been a great find. There Does Not Exist has some tasty offerings and Colony Mash is a new spot in Atascadero that had good stuff. I’ll be out here another 10 days conducting more research. Earlier on the trip I picked up some 8bit hazies that were very solid. I shared some HB with the brewer at Liquid Gravity. He and his wife said it was good. Brendan was really cool about talking shop regarding his brewing processes. What a great stop on many levels. He gave me a personal brewery tour at Central Coast Brewing’s new Higuera location a few years back. Quality guy.
Nice. I'm just a few miles down the road. Brendan's cool and his beers are top notch, he really turned CCB around before he left to open his own brewery. There Does Not Exist is a trippy place owner/brewer is an ex-Firestone Walker brewer who additionally honed his craft over in Europe. Brews nice pilsners.

If you have time head over to Humdinger Brewing on Grand Ave in AG. The owners are in my homebrew club, and turned pro a year and a half ago. In fact they opened, or were supposed to, on the same day CA shut down due to Covid. Their beers are mostly solid, I really like their brown ale - Browndo, and their hazy - Fog Crusher. Good, though a bit pricey food options as well.

If you're into sours try Libertine in Morro Bay. Fish and chips aren't half bad neither, if I recall.

OT... Kombucha while doing more fence work.

If you're into sours try Libertine in Morro Bay. Fish and chips aren't half bad neither, if I recall.

OT... Kombucha while doing more fence work.
Libertine opened a tasting room in downtown SLO on Broad St. But for a better, and much more scenic, atmosphere agreed....visit their main brewery in Morro Bay.

Diggin back into the porch bomb from @Dgallo . This one is really outstanding. Flavor is completely saturated with great pithy strong grapefruit at first sip that is quickly taken over by solid tropical vibe, including some pineapple/mango. The mouthfeel is nice and supportive of the hop extravaganza. REALLY like this one a lot.

IMG_0386.jpg

Brewed this AM and left for work. Come back ~4 hours later and it is chugging along. Nothing like Voss in the summer - cooled to 95 and leave it in the garage. And now another local IPA.
View attachment 736565View attachment 736566

Hear there's (another) heat wave heading your way so plan another!

Shark dude was without chorine tablets for a while. Looks happier now that he's filled up.

HB Imperial Stout with chocolate/chillies. Keep finding a bottle here and there.

PXL_20210723_231033963.PORTRAIT.jpg

Hear there's (another) heat wave heading your way so plan another!

Shark dude was without chorine tablets for a while. Looks happier now that he's filled up.

HB Imperial Stout with chocolate/chillies. Keep finding a bottle here and there.

View attachment 736567
Yep. Triple digits next week - both real and feels like temps. Hit 96 today.

Funny Farm must know I'm planning a vaca. Now pushing for OT and working over the weekend. Was suppose to get the systems go at 9 this morning but not a peep. Feel bad for the guy 3 hours from vaca and having to cancel.

Drinking water in case system go signal as bbq will be light tomorrow.

New Western Mass Glassware from new Treehouse
IMG_20210723_200859.jpg

Back