What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From yeaterday

82862D58-C33A-4E36-8813-8BD6A306DFC6.jpeg
F0631093-883E-47ED-8AAA-9F328FC810E1.jpeg
172DD7BA-25AD-4A81-BCDD-F1E7108666E3.jpeg

Collective Arts NEIPA, a new one called 'Good Monster'. Looks like it's flat, but it simply has no head/foam. It's a cool and fizzy 8.0%, much needed after a long, hot day. Whewph!!

good_monster.jpg

...this particular can had some cool 80's-styled art as well....

good_monster2.jpg

My Belgian Dubbel Saison is percolating away nicely. It's down about 1" from this picture with 1"of krausen left. Talk about a top-ferment yeast!! :yes: :cool:

Belgian_krausen.jpg

I've been struggling with a lack of head retention. Been trying a few things over a few batches to fix it. No soap. No dishwasher. Less trub into the fermenter. Wheat. Dry hops.

While cooking dinner, I've been nursing this first bottle of a best bitter for which I used a Hochkurz mash, my first multi-step.

20210602_183101.jpg

Other than a dry-hopped strong bitter, this was by far the biggest step forward for better head retention. Damn. I don't know if really want to add the complexity to my typical brew day.

I've been struggling with a lack of head retention. Been trying a few things over a few batches to fix it. No soap. No dishwasher. Less trub into the fermenter. Wheat. Dry hops.

While cooking dinner, I've been nursing this first bottle of a best bitter for which I used a Hochkurz mash, my first multi-step.

View attachment 731052

Other than a dry-hopped strong bitter, this was by far the biggest step forward for better head retention. Damn. I don't know if really want to add the complexity to my typical brew day.

Add 4 oz of CaraPils to your next brew.

Other half was great !!
IMG_20210602_225258_391.jpg
IMG_20210602_225258_246.jpg
IMG_20210602_225258_421.jpg
Left to right DDH session IPA, citra chroma with phantasm IPA, and triple dry hopped oat cream triple IPA. Then left to right citra showers NEIPA with lychee, tangerine, citra cryo.. ddh roc showers with citra, Galaxy and DDH sabro.. and zipfeltanle pilsner with wakau. Visiting New York for a couple days and plan to hit a couple of good places!

Attachments

• PXL_20210603_035518021.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210603_035518021.PORTRAIT.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
It's a play on Naughty by Nature that the kids won't get. I don't get nft either but whatever...

And
Filthy Dirty IPA by Parallel 49 Brewing. It's exactly how I feel after a 35ºC day in a dusty, smoky shop! Mmmmm....cold beer. :D :bigmug:

View attachment 731180

If you don't fix your metric system, we can't be friends. J/k you're in Calgary. You're ok in my book

73° and a very tropical dew point near 70. Love when it includes playoff hockey
IMG_20210603_193208.jpg

Flight from fifth hammer brewing in queens. Kveik bock beer, Belgian strong ale with Chimay yeast, and a rice lager with NEIPA hops. All done very well ! Also, I'm having their barrel fermented farmhouse with black currants. Collab with Brooklyn brewery.
View attachment 731181View attachment 731182

Love me some fifth hammer. Chris is a cool dude too. He used to actually be part of the Brooklyn Brewery beer nerd group, so that collab is extra special.

Love me some fifth hammer. Chris is a cool dude too. He used to actually be part of the Brooklyn Brewery beer nerd group, so that collab is extra special.
It was really good!! I actually ran into Chris while I was there! I was sitting by the piano and I didn't know it was him and he asked me to help me move it. He asked how the beers were and I told him I listened to the podcast and we talked for 10 mins and he gave me a can to take home free haha.

Back