What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Local Brown Ale
CE72AC65-C655-496F-B5B2-74AAF8F9516C.jpeg

An old FOTD beer. Forgive me I forget who sent me this. I thank you!!!!

I gotta get back to trades. As these twins get older I get more time !!!

View attachment 728701

Ha!! No you don’t:)

make one drink one. Brewed up this in March with my new mill and overshot my gravity, which made me realize that I needed less bitterness here. Fast forward and today I rebrewed it. We will see.

AE7AE66B-6B6B-4293-A588-2DBCB6270B4C.jpeg

Juice and water for the next few weeks. Bought a 6 of Brauhaus Maibock and a 6 of Dirty Bastard Sat night to enjoy BBQing Mothers day. Woke up at 3am with what I thought was just bad heartburn. Heartburn turned into feeling like I got slammed in the chest by a sledge hammer. Once the pain went up my arm, nursing training kicked in and high tailed it to the hospital. Sure enough was in the beginnings of an acute heart attack that would have been worse had I tried to remain macho. Sent to emergency cardiac ventricular stent placement and then the cardiac PCU. Weird thing is my last 10 years as a nurse were in the cardiac PCU. Stent was successful and I'm home in 24 hours recovering but last night I thought for sure I'd seen my last tall st day glass and was gonna cross the River Jordan 😯. Puts a damper on my suds indulging and pushing back my Doppelbock and Czech Premium all grain by a few weeks. Take care of your body folks. I thought I was..my heart thought differently.

Juice and water for the next few weeks. Bought a 6 of Brauhaus Maibock and a 6 of Dirty Bastard Sat night to enjoy BBQing Mothers day. Woke up at 3am with what I thought was just bad heartburn. Heartburn turned into feeling like I got slammed in the chest by a sledge hammer. Once the pain went up my arm, nursing training kicked in and high tailed it to the hospital. Sure enough was in the beginnings of an acute heart attack that would have been worse had I tried to remain macho. Sent to emergency cardiac ventricular stent placement and then the cardiac PCU. Weird thing is my last 10 years as a nurse were in the cardiac PCU. Stent was successful and I'm home in 24 hours recovering but last night I thought for sure I'd seen my last tall st day glass and was gonna cross the River Jordan 😯. Puts a damper on my suds indulging and pushing back my Doppelbock and Czech Premium all grain by a few weeks. Take care of your body folks. I thought I was..my heart thought differently.
Great to hear you are doing better, and beer heaven wasn't ready for you.
Cheers to another 30 years.
Kristallweizenbier.jpg

Hang in there Vader! Smart move and get well soon. May the Force be with you!

Feel better man

Sucks to go beerless for awhile, but the alternative sucks even more. Take care of yourself and get healed up, friend.

Best wishes for a full recovery. Things like this remind us to enjoy every sandwich. (And pint.)

Hoping for a speedy recovery from a fellow Cardiac PCU nurse. Glad to hear you didn't try to wait it out and everything went well for you.

115A2508-266C-4FA9-A2F3-0F33BACEF9D8.jpeg

Hope you recover quickly. Good thing you had the training to recognize the symptoms. I hate responding to heart attack calls... they rarely have positive outcomes.

Get well Buddy!

Back