What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see some green, green fields, @camonick , most everything is straw brown up here. :)
Things are finally starting to look nice around here. That is my neighbor’s field of hard red winter wheat. We’ve finally had some rain lately after a pretty severe drought last year. I hate winter and brown terrain. I always look forward to spring.

Moving along. A @PianoMan HB raspberry hard lemonade. This is awesome!
BBCC837D-01E4-4216-A78B-DDA981FE7111.jpeg

Things are finally starting to look nice around here. That is my neighbor’s field of hard red winter wheat. We’ve finally had some rain lately after a pretty severe drought last year. I hate winter and brown terrain. I always look forward to spring.

Ja, the chinooks are in full force right now, so it's really dry here as well, but we had an average of about 800cm (315") of snow in the mountains this year. Hopefully this weekend's rains will help out too. Come June runoff, I think we'll be alright, unless there's a heat wave...(or more snow!) 🤣

Decided on a Citra-hopped cider for tomorrow. Going to replace the MJack's yeast with SafCider because Imperial Bubbles is tough to find.

Having a HB Grapefruit NEIPA. I'm definitely making this beer from now on...so crisp. Could use a bit more carb, but turning out nicely. 🍻 ( Focused on my pint instead of the kit 😆 )

MJacks_hopped_cider.jpg

Decided on a Citra-hopped cider for tomorrow. Going to replace the MJack's yeast with SafCider because Imperial Bubbles is tough to find.

Having a HB Grapefruit NEIPA. I'm definitely making this beer from now on...so crisp. Could use a bit more carb, but turning out nicely. 🍻 ( Focused on my pint instead of the kit 😆 )

View attachment 727550
[/QUO I hopped a cider about 10 years ago with fuggle and everyone thought I was off my rocker 😯

A carob peanut butter session oatmeal stout (~3%). Thanks to @JCasey1992 for the inspiration :)

In the back is a Russian River collaboration, lol (I sacrificed a Santification for the brett). It should be a very low ABV brett and lacto inoculated saison. We'll find out where it landed
in the booze-o-meter this weekend when I bottle.
PXL_20210430_041206813.PORTRAIT.jpg

Samples :)

Bottled this 2.50% lawnmower Saison
Going to go quickly as the weather warms up - very refreshing!!
PXL_20210430_162124115.jpg

Drew a hydro sample of this open fermented Spring Saison (local flora added while fermenting - jasmine, wisteria, this blue flowering bush, etc). Clocked in at 8.5% - dry finish with an abundance of floral notes.
PXL_20210430_170056887.jpg

Is the recipe on the site? Link? I'd love to try this.

I'm at a party. I'll grab it for you tomorrow and PM you. It's basically your favorite imperial stout recipe with 2oz Brewers Best Chocolate and 1oz Brewers Best Raspberry extract added (that was a 2.5gal batch).

PXL_20210430_205410371.jpg

19th hole. Skipped out and played in 2.5 hrs. 50°+ and 50+mph gusts. Not kidding according to my mini weather station. Almost walked off the 10th hole as thudding of fallen trees started.

Played really well except for a 6i from 130yds that only made it halfway there. Some really good drives.

Whatever! TGIF!!!
IMG_20210430_183219.jpg
IMG_20210430_185203.jpg

What an interesting beer @pshankstar Perfect little quencher while working basking in the sun with my cat
View attachment 727605
My first and only attempt at a session Melomel with strawberries and blueberries. I think it drinks like a sweet wine the last time I opened a bottle a couple of months ago.
I hope you enjoyed it but I do know it’s not for everyone. 😉

Back