What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odell 90 ShillingView attachment 725923
I like this beer, but it’s something of a curiosity. The “90 Shilling“ implies a Scottish Ale but this ain’t. To me it’s more like an Altbier or a Cali Common. The brewery’s website says that this beer has won medals as an English style Brown, an Alt, and as an American Amber. I guess it’s the all purpose, amber colored, beer.
That beer does have an identity crisis. My brother agrees that it is more similar to an altbier. I have a clone recipe that is almost spot on.

Wow - White chocolate/Almonds/Peach/Apricot and a sour/ fruit beer? You can taste ALL of these things and it oddly works fantastically! Thick.

IMG_9746.jpg

Have never had a tropical stout..sounded intriguing. Took it upon myself to do a my first AG, 5G brew and..yeah..dumped it. Mistakes every step of the way. Still “beer’d” but it tasted not so great.

Fast forward over a year later and I decided to try it again. Glad I did..still have no pro frame of reference but I like how it turned out.

Roasty, some chocolate, fruity esters with a mild sweetness. Blind, I’d probably guess a heavy porter, but labels, schmabels.

31D0BE89-3EDA-4DB5-AC57-984751D24836.jpeg

Water, ugh. Either my reaction to the next dose of 5G is going to be brutal hell, or this is extremely coincidental, and I don't know how long it's gonna last. My right lower back and right hip are next level pain, and tack on nauseousness! Ughhhhhhhhhh, water, yippie! Spring Baking Championship is fun to watch though - CHEERS
PXL_20210416_215614243.jpg

Water, ugh. Either my reaction to the next dose of 5G is going to be brutal hell, or this is extremely coincidental, and I don't know how long it's gonna last. My right lower back and right hip are next level pain, and tack on nauseousness! Ughhhhhhhhhh, water, yippie! Spring Baking Championship is fun to watch though - CHEERS
View attachment 726021
Bummer. Hope you turn it around enough to enjoy some salt potatoes this weekend. ;)

View attachment 726021
Water is your best friend, if you already drink “recommended” levels you’ll be ok and take some ibuprofen to get ahead of fevers. Otherwise I drank some old fashioned’s through it and the pain you feel is your white blood cells producing...good pain

A6E6E46C-88E0-4EAB-B284-F6E24BA56711.jpeg

Water is your best friend, if you already drink “recommended” levels you’ll be ok and take some ibuprofen to get ahead of fevers. Otherwise I drank some old fashioned’s through it and the pain you feel is your white blood cells producing...good pain

View attachment 726031

I can't do any pain killers due to my gut issues. That's probably the worst of it, headaches have to just go away naturally.

Wife wraps up nursing school in a month, so I'm definitely on the up and up :) could do without the pain though. It's certainly not what I expected for the first dose. Sore arm, check! Everything else, wtf!

Back