What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@brandtrepair
PXL_20210319_002859158.PORTRAIT.jpg

My saison "drink that funky saison white boy". 3 yeast blend, lemongrass, basil, and peppercorns at the end of boil. I naturally carbonated in the keg for the first time and it is really nice. I did a A/B comparison to the same beer force carbed and the aroma, creaminess, flavor, and mouthfeel we're all noticably better in the keg conditioned version.
IMG_20210318_224836238.jpg

My saison "drink that funky saison white boy". 3 yeast blend, lemongrass, basil, and peppercorns at the end of boil. I naturally carbonated in the keg for the first time and it is really nice. I did a A/B comparison to the same beer force carbed and the aroma, creaminess, flavor, and mouthfeel we're all noticably better in the keg conditioned version.

Hope yours did better than mine! 🤣🤣 Note to self...don't take an important phone call in the middle of Priming and forget where you were..
...sigh...oh well. It's very carbed..but yeah.

At any rate, I have saved some of my Saison, and it tastes very nice. Cheers!😅

OOps.jpg

OOps2.jpg

It's Friday night for me, so I've enjoyed a couple of bitters with amber malt and one Obnoxiously Large CAP while plotting tomorrow's return to fly sparging. It's been twenty years since I last did battle with the whirligig. This time, I mean business (which is to say, I'm not in grad school, so I threw [what once seemed like] stupid money at the problem). In the prosecution's interest, it's still stupid money. Why fly sparge when a well designed infusion program yields comparable results?

Because I've still got a grudge and there's business to settle. That's why.

This time, there will be no trying to balance a wobbling mass full of fluid, no attempts at drilling dozens of holes at a perfect twenty-whatever-it-was degree angle in PVC pipes, no attempting to find the correct height at which to place the cooler to develop the work needed to overcome inertia, no #*%&#@ bearings to coax into rotation in a high heat, high humidity environment.

I punked out and bought some SS Brewtech gear. I'm sure it'll work great, although I'm sure it'll throw me a few curve balls compliments of my own stupidity. Honestly, I expect that this fine equipment will find its way into a box in the back of a closet no later than mid-summer.

But you don't know that unless you try. I'm excited about tomorrow.

Sounds like a winning combo. Gin and beer, my two favorites. Care to share the recipe?

Here's the base. I usually use a Kolsch yeast but wanted the build this yeast for a 10% Belgian Blond. As far as gin/lime, that is of course, to taste. I soaked zest of 1 lime in half cup of gin in addition to some lime extract I had from the last one. Gin won't take over the taste like a whiskey would so you'd have to experiment. I'll add another 1/2 cup and see how that gose...😉

Edit: This was a no boil. I mashed the grains/hops with a Hop Spider in the kettle for about 30min at 155F, then brought it to about 185 for 10min, added DME and cooled. Quicky!

On topic....green juice after a 3mile walk

PXL_20210319_175617525.jpg
PXL_20210319_180128692.jpg

Last edited:
Bought for the glass which looked more impressive in the box. Beer is not too shabby though.

View attachment 722785
How is it?! I've been on the look out for their barrel aged line! My local beer emporium gets all of the beers I dearly love and Duvel they are realizing is a big hit.

In other news, I am still drinking coffee, but waiting to crack into some Einbecker

Last edited:
How is it?! I've been on the look out for their barrel aged line! My local beer emporium gets all of the beers I dearly love and Duvel they are realizing is a big hit.

I'm, personally, not the biggest Duvel fan but like this. Batch4, Whiskey barrels. Getting some cherry notes. I see batch #5 is Rum barrels, that I'd like to try.

Back