What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Micro Black Pilsner (won't have any HB ready til next week). This might be my favorite style of dark beer. I love Czech dark lagers, but this really does drink like a pilsner, but with smooooooooooth, very subtle dark roast/roast bitterness. Not even enough for strong cocoa or coffee flavors, but you can taste that the malt is roasted. I'm not that much of a Pilsner fan at all, but I love a dark Pilsner apparently :D
20210317_151130.jpg

I bought a six pack of them a while ago. I agree that they’re a little harsh. I’ve still got a couple left but don’t think I’ll buy them again.

Did you try the Light Beer series?? 😉

Edit:This is more balanced. More then likely because of the big ABV. The regular Yeti has a tannin bitter IMHO probably due to mashing too many darks for too long.

PXL_20210317_231730010.jpg
16160231412832657842150448587450.jpg

Everyone gets to see my ugly mug tonight. HB Irish Stout wearing my shirt my sisters got for me when they toured Ireland a few years ago. Happy St Paddy’s Day. I’ll break out the real stuff later.
Sláinte
View attachment 722636

Good to see you! Enjoy!

Everyone gets to see my ugly mug tonight. HB Irish Stout wearing my shirt my sisters got for me when they toured Ireland a few years ago. Happy St Paddy’s Day. I’ll break out the real stuff later.
Sláinte
View attachment 722636
I’m drinking HB but at least I’m wearing an appropriate shirt.
9687B354-395B-4526-AB65-31DF6C0A1FA7.jpeg

Lastest. HB Gin/Lime Gose. Needs more gin...

View attachment 722710
Looks good. Curious. Do you use botanicals or gin? I see those gin kits and they're expensive when they should be cheap. Maybe you could add botanicals. A small brewery I visit uses Tom Cat Gin barrels in their stouts. Really good. He's also given me a taste off the "special" keg that has added gin

image.jpg

Made it to vacation after a HELL of a week. Weeks before vacation are typically stressful trying to wrap stuff up. But this one got me started on blood pressure medication (probably over due to be honest).

Keeping it light tonight since I’ll be driving 8 hours per day for the next two days.

Looks good. Curious. Do you use botanicals or gin? I see those gin kits and they're expensive when they should be cheap. Maybe you could add botanicals. A small brewery I visit uses Tom Cat Gin barrels in their stouts. Really good. He's also given me a taste off the "special" keg that has added gin

In this case it was a Texas Gin. Never thought of botanicals though. 🤔

PXL_20210319_003155690.jpg

Back