What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having one, maybe two more after finding these ....hmm, methinks I will be ordering them soon!
View attachment 720997
Then I realized I sent my CV twice to a very big brewery here...sigh. I hate that.😆😆
DONT .....NEED.....MORE....... GLASSWARE. Some nice old fashioned glasses in there too.

Just got email last night from my states fish&game that after 40 years they're finally increasing their fees. Under the pandemic? They must have made a killing. Now they're going to drive those people away. Maybe that's a good thing. I've talked with my other love, golf owners, and I'm like "let's see how many courses crash" after making hand over fist of cash from the pandemic and expect to take advantage after it.

Anyways, OT. It's 4:47 somewhere. Dead!
IMG_20210305_164612.jpg

Just got email last night from my states fish&game that after 40 years they're finally increasing their fees. Under the pandemic? They must have made a killing. Now they're going to drive those people away. Maybe that's a good thing. I've talked with my other love, golf owners, and I'm like "let's see how many courses crash" after making hand over fist of cash from the pandemic and expect to take advantage after it.

I feel ya, my Provincial 'Government' just increased all the park & camping fees, by up to 30% in some cases...sigh, no money grab there! At one Provincial park, which has very unique limestone outflows from the many springs, they approved a giant gravel pit mine this week, only 1000m from the park. Trout Unlimited was trying to re-introduce Bull Trout into the park, but now we're worried about heavy metal contamination after the pit starts up. This park received one of the highest increases...sigh.🤬

Anyhow, it's brew day, so hafta keep happy! Having the last few cans from the Collective Arts random six-pack. This is an unfiltered Citra Pale called 'Rhyme and Reason'. Cheers! :mug:

Rhyme_and_Reason.jpg

I feel ya, my Provincial 'Government' just increased all the park & camping fees, by up to 30% in some cases...sigh, no money grab there! At one Provincial park, which has very unique limestone outflows from the many springs, they approved a giant gravel pit mine this week, only 1000m from the park. Trout Unlimited was trying to re-introduce Bull Trout into the park, but now we're worried about heavy metal contamination after the pit starts up. This park received one of the highest increases...sigh.🤬

Anyhow, it's brew day, so hafta keep happy! Having the last few cans from the Collective Arts random six-pack. This is an unfiltered Citra Pale called 'Rhyme and Reason'. Cheers! :mug:

View attachment 721071
I believe more of our money should be put into habitat. The bureau does a good job and the fees aren't really bad. We have problems with evasive plants. A lot of the streams they stock become stagnant in the summer. However, a massive amount of waterways are a lot cleaner. I don't catch trout out of the streams I use to all year round but I recently started revisiting Walden pond and it use to be dirty. Oddly famous too.
IMG_20210305_190512.jpg
Now very clean and turquoise in the deep areas.

OT and green

DONT .....NEED.....MORE....... GLASSWARE. Some nice old fashioned glasses in there too.

Anyways, OT. It's 4:47 somewhere. Dead!View attachment 721064
State agencies are always behind the curve with fees but get used to the golf dude. Most local courses didn’t charge enough for the demand they saw this summer but don’t expect them to drop back down. They already weren’t charging enough to begin with and need these better rates to survive

OT: OZ IPA
2E2553BC-3678-48B7-9015-F0C135139FD7.jpeg

State agencies are always behind the curve with fees but get used to the golf dude. Most local courses didn’t charge enough for the demand they saw this summer but don’t expect them to drop back down. They already weren’t charging enough to begin with and need these better rates to survive

View attachment 721076
A lot of the places I visit have realized that everything is online. Now they're aware of how they must incorporate everything else except golf. A friend that is a vp of finance for a priv course settled me down by saying "everyone likes to say the work at a country club but they don't work at a country club" There's a lot of money out there waiting to be given. There's hardly anyone working to take it
IMG_20210305_194253.jpg

Triple! It's friday

Sierra Nevada clone while waiting for the strike water to heat in the slow but efficient mash and boil for an Irish redView attachment 721072

My hot water bib outside takes a cares of that, but yah I agree.

View attachment 721076

I see you haven't golfed in Monterey recently.

I've heard of jackalopes.
Is this a foxalope, or a while-tailed red fox?

I went to an atypical party at someone's atypical house, and there was a room full of taxidermified critters...with every style of antler, and one lion.

I distracted myself from questioning what to think about all those stuffed critters by pulling out my phone and taking some photos. It certainly was an unusual backdrop for photos at a party. No idea where those photos are but nuthin' but common commercial beer there anyway.

'Duh', of course. Hard to supply party quantities of beer via homebrew methods...practically thinking...

One beer/week, checking for sufficient carbonation...2 weeks with space heater on low heat under a table with my bottles in a covered tote.
IMG_20210305_213822.jpg

The out-of-range (12.34% ABC) Baltic Porter (AIH Zywiec Porter clone+). Quick pour gives some robust foam...forgot to look for lacing...

Definitely a single serving for a runt like me. A 2nd bottle & I'd be asleep at the table.

Yeah, wrong glass, but I don't have any snifters large enough.

I've heard of jackalopes.
Is this a foxalope, or a while-tailed red fox?

I went to an atypical party at someone's atypical house, and there was a room full of taxidermified critters...with every style of antler, and one lion.

I distracted myself from questioning what to think about all those stuffed critters by pulling out my phone and taking some photos. It certainly was an unusual backdrop for photos at a party. No idea where those photos are but nuthin' but common commercial beer there anyway.

'Duh', of course. Hard to supply party quantities of beer via homebrew methods...practically thinking...
That critter is a shoulder mount of a common red fox on a wood post pedestal in front of a pronghorn antelope hide on the wall. :mug:
More Guinness
8E23667D-9FE5-49B3-8654-FB1DA9E081BC.jpeg

My wife and I each got our Covid vaccines this afternoon. Afterwards, to celebrate, we stopped off at my bud's brewery for a couple beers and a bite to eat.
First up was a recipe from our homebrew club for a Rye Saison called Lucy in the Rye.
IMG-1800.JPG

Followed that up with an easy drinking blond ale called Lawn Order.
IMG-1801.jpg

My wife and I each got our Covid vaccines this afternoon. Afterwards, to celebrate, we stopped off at my bud's brewery for a couple beers and a bite to eat.
First up was a recipe from our homebrew club for a Rye Saison called Lucy in the Rye.
View attachment 721141

Followed that up with an easy drinking blond ale called Lawn Order.
View attachment 721142
congrats on the vaccine! Got my first shot yesterday.

Back