What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Golden Ale
AC114857-5EEC-41B4-B7A0-FF745C176784.jpeg

Not impressed. Is this what "catty" tastes like?

View attachment 720847
I'm far from an IPA expert, but I find that beer to be pretty lacking. I never got catty flavors from space dust, but I'm just not a huge fan of it. I feel like the times I have had it, the beers were pretty old on the shelf, though

'Leviathan' RIS by a local called Next Level Brewing. I've had this a couple times before, but never this burnt/smoky...hmm maybe they changed something. It's 8.5%, but I can reaaaaly taste the booze in this one as well. Sigh...hope they go back to their older recipe...this one tastes like a campfire log. 😐

IMG_5185.jpeg

I drank a lot of dunkelweizen during a business trip to Mannheim, Germany in the summer of 2008. This is just as tasty as I remember.

PXL_20210305_035355161.jpg

Also had a Bell's Amber with tacos for dinner. It was the first time I've had a commercial beer and thought "This isn't as good as mine." That was kind of cool.

..Stone Ruination. Good stuff.

Before that I had the last one of the 3 bottles of Chimay I got in that sampler pack. The Blue one. Wow. Smooth for all that alcohol. I'll bet that one would have been so much better aged. I liked it, btu the white was BY FAR my favorite of the 3. No contest. Ever since I had that white one, I've been trying to find a recipe similar to it so I can brew it this summer. That was outstanding.

I haven't had the white one but the blue .... ohhhh myyyyy

Back