What are you drinking now?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Immocles

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not impressed. Is this what "catty" tastes like?

View attachment 720847
I'm far from an IPA expert, but I find that beer to be pretty lacking. I never got catty flavors from space dust, but I'm just not a huge fan of it. I feel like the times I have had it, the beers were pretty old on the shelf, though

SanJuanWorm

Beer. Because you can’t drink bacon.
Reaction score
'Leviathan' RIS by a local called Next Level Brewing. I've had this a couple times before, but never this burnt/smoky...hmm maybe they changed something. It's 8.5%, but I can reaaaaly taste the booze in this one as well. Sigh...hope they go back to their older recipe...this one tastes like a campfire log. 😐

IMG_5185.jpeg

SanJuanWorm

Reaction score
Collective Arts Brewing Audio/Visual lager. It's kind of a 'meh' beer, but a cool idea, they placed a QR code on the can, you get a free song and some videos from Ms. Tangina Stone (?) and 4 bands plus some album art. Wouldn't buy it again, however, even if there is free stuff. 🤷🤣

Tangina.jpg

3 Dawg Night

Life is too short to drink crappy beer.
Lifetime Supporter HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I drank a lot of dunkelweizen during a business trip to Mannheim, Germany in the summer of 2008. This is just as tasty as I remember.

PXL_20210305_035355161.jpg

Also had a Bell's Amber with tacos for dinner. It was the first time I've had a commercial beer and thought "This isn't as good as mine." That was kind of cool.

3 Dawg Night

Life is too short to drink crappy beer.
Lifetime Supporter HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight's brews.....2019/2020 Waldo's. 2012/2018 Bigfoot. 2017 Gigantic Barleywine was the best of the evening.
Good night! How can you even see straight to type this?! :mug:

Here's the third and last for me tonight. Not bad. A little sweeter than I expected.

PXL_20210305_045338840.jpg

SanJuanWorm

Reaction score
Having one, maybe two more after finding these ....hmm, methinks I will be ordering them soon!
A83C9E30-5682-481B-A956-CAA21128586C.jpeg

Then I realized I sent my CV twice to a very big brewery here...sigh. I hate that.😆😆

beerisyummy

Reaction score
..Stone Ruination. Good stuff.

Before that I had the last one of the 3 bottles of Chimay I got in that sampler pack. The Blue one. Wow. Smooth for all that alcohol. I'll bet that one would have been so much better aged. I liked it, btu the white was BY FAR my favorite of the 3. No contest. Ever since I had that white one, I've been trying to find a recipe similar to it so I can brew it this summer. That was outstanding.
I haven't had the white one but the blue .... ohhhh myyyyy