What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great looking beer as usual! Looks tasty

Having a homebrew Pale Ale
9DE4B9B2-6F1D-4079-8A80-354B184A648C.jpeg

HB IPA with Simcoe and Triumph hops. Think I need to adjust the FWH utilization on my brewing software, this was projected at 60+ IBUs and just doesn't taste like it. I was thinking using 70-80% utiliz. for my future recipes using first wort hopping, has anyone had a similar experience?

Attachments

• 20210228_155256.jpg
    20210228_155256.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
I’m headed to North Carolina in May. I know there are a few guys on here from there, but I apologize I can’t remember who you are. Any suggestions for places to try or local beer to buy. I’ll be in Wilmington and Winston-Salem/Kernersville.

HB Golden Ale while boiling a Cream AleView attachment 720494
What size batch do you make grampa? It seems like you have something brewing quite often. I’m looking to reduce my batches down to 3 gallons instead of five to give myself a little more variety more often. I just need a couple more small kegs.

What size batch do you make grampa? It seems like you have something brewing quite often. I’m looking to reduce my batches down to 3 gallons instead of five to give myself a little more variety more often. I just need a couple more small kegs.

3gal rock! Easier on the back too..

All this talk of small brew sizes and here I am having a pint from the first five gallon batch. I usually do 1-3 gallon batches only, but when i did a 2.5 gallon keg of this one previously I liked it so much I decided I would go ahead and make a 5 gallon batch of it! Citra pale ale. So good.
6A5F9639-4773-46BD-9D0A-70408CE49319.jpeg

Before this enjoyed a can of rodenbach with some cheese puffs my wife whipped up as a stress reliever this afternoon (note to self, keep her stressed these things are tasty!)
C6755F21-D678-4CE8-8557-22089399AEF9.jpeg

I brew 5 gal batches, about every 2 weeks, on average. I give enough away that I’m probably drinking the equivalent of a 3 gal batch. ;)

When I brew at our city house, which I only do 4 or 5 times a year, I do 2.5 gal BIAB. That’s mostly because of a lack of space for brewing/storing/serving.

I brew 5 gal batches, about every 2 weeks, on average. I give enough away that I’m probably drinking the equivalent of a 3 gal batch. ;)

When I brew at our city house, which I only do 4 or 5 times a year, I do 2.5 gal BIAB. That’s mostly because of a lack of space for brewing/storing/serving.
I like to give a lot of my beer away too. Most of my ales are 5 gallon batches and my lagers are 3. It seems like my favorites are the 3 gallon batches that seem to dry up too soon.

I like to give a lot of my beer away too. Most of my ales are 5 gallon batches and my lagers are 3. It seems like my favorites are the 3 gallon batches that seem to dry up too soon.
I have a 21 yo grandson who’s home from college almost every weekend and who usually brings a friend (or 2).

I’m headed to North Carolina in May. I know there are a few guys on here from there, but I apologize I can’t remember who you are. Any suggestions for places to try or local beer to buy. I’ll be in Wilmington and Winston-Salem/Kernersville.

While you're in Wilmington, a former coworker of mine is now an owner at Wrightsville Beach Brewery

Back