What are you drinking now?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Sunfire96

Snail House Brewing
Reaction score
HB IPA with Simcoe and Triumph hops. Think I need to adjust the FWH utilization on my brewing software, this was projected at 60+ IBUs and just doesn't taste like it. I was thinking using 70-80% utiliz. for my future recipes using first wort hopping, has anyone had a similar experience?

Attachments

camonick

Mediocre brewer... Expert drinker
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I’m headed to North Carolina in May. I know there are a few guys on here from there, but I apologize I can’t remember who you are. Any suggestions for places to try or local beer to buy. I’ll be in Wilmington and Winston-Salem/Kernersville.

camonick

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
HB Golden Ale while boiling a Cream AleView attachment 720494
What size batch do you make grampa? It seems like you have something brewing quite often. I’m looking to reduce my batches down to 3 gallons instead of five to give myself a little more variety more often. I just need a couple more small kegs.

PianoMan

My Faak it-list is longer then my Bucket list
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What size batch do you make grampa? It seems like you have something brewing quite often. I’m looking to reduce my batches down to 3 gallons instead of five to give myself a little more variety more often. I just need a couple more small kegs.
3gal rock! Easier on the back too..

Elric

Reaction score
All this talk of small brew sizes and here I am having a pint from the first five gallon batch. I usually do 1-3 gallon batches only, but when i did a 2.5 gallon keg of this one previously I liked it so much I decided I would go ahead and make a 5 gallon batch of it! Citra pale ale. So good.
6A5F9639-4773-46BD-9D0A-70408CE49319.jpeg

Before this enjoyed a can of rodenbach with some cheese puffs my wife whipped up as a stress reliever this afternoon (note to self, keep her stressed these things are tasty!)
C6755F21-D678-4CE8-8557-22089399AEF9.jpeg

grampamark

Icons clast. Inquire within.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brew 5 gal batches, about every 2 weeks, on average. I give enough away that I’m probably drinking the equivalent of a 3 gal batch. ;)

When I brew at our city house, which I only do 4 or 5 times a year, I do 2.5 gal BIAB. That’s mostly because of a lack of space for brewing/storing/serving.

camonick

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brew 5 gal batches, about every 2 weeks, on average. I give enough away that I’m probably drinking the equivalent of a 3 gal batch. ;)

When I brew at our city house, which I only do 4 or 5 times a year, I do 2.5 gal BIAB. That’s mostly because of a lack of space for brewing/storing/serving.
I like to give a lot of my beer away too. Most of my ales are 5 gallon batches and my lagers are 3. It seems like my favorites are the 3 gallon batches that seem to dry up too soon.

grampamark

Icons clast. Inquire within.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I like to give a lot of my beer away too. Most of my ales are 5 gallon batches and my lagers are 3. It seems like my favorites are the 3 gallon batches that seem to dry up too soon.
I have a 21 yo grandson who’s home from college almost every weekend and who usually brings a friend (or 2).

Novacor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I’m headed to North Carolina in May. I know there are a few guys on here from there, but I apologize I can’t remember who you are. Any suggestions for places to try or local beer to buy. I’ll be in Wilmington and Winston-Salem/Kernersville.
While you're in Wilmington, a former coworker of mine is now an owner at Wrightsville Beach Brewery