What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9076B4F6-504B-4429-BA70-7C167ACCB46D.jpeg

For some reason Fat Tire gets lots of hate around here but I love an occasional one.
One of the first craft beers I really craved in the ‘90s.
Ive been contemplating brewing an amber.

That was probably my first large craft beer that I really enjoyed.

I started through a small hole in the wall brewery in Marina called English Ales. 1066 Pale Ale was my go-to there back when I could stomach hoppy beers.

Treehouse is opening up a brewery in Sandwich on the beach. That town is no longer going to be the hidden gem. It's going to get destroyed.
Yup, definitely agree with that
I live like 10 mi from there. Totally screwed up the traffic on rt 20 when they put the brewery in in Charlton.

Yup, definitely agree with that
I live like 10 mi from there. Totally screwed up the traffic on rt 20 when they put the brewery in in Charlton.
I come from the east and do the kamikaze death turn to on coming traffic. I'm surprised there's not more accidents there. It pays to take the mass pike past it and come back. Plus good excuse to hit the bbq place

Drinking some Pilsner tonight, my latest effort is terrific! Brewed 10/25/20, this one is just wrapping up lagering. Pilsners are really hard to make, but this batch is fannnnntastic!.

I'm trying to duplicate my favorite Pils by Ayinger. It's really hard to get the color right using the 90 minute Pilsner boil, I'm working at lightening it with low O2 techniques.

At 90 days old, flavor is very much German Pils, best batch I've done. Compared to Ayinger, it is really hard telling these apart, but there are a few diffences. Theirs 5.3 ABV, 32 IBU, bready, lemon-yellow color. I did pick up just a small sniff of skunk despite the brown bottles, the penalty for that long trip from the Fatherland to Southern California. Light amount of head, good lacing.

Not sure on their hopping schedule, mine is heavy on Hallertau Mittlefruh and Tettnanger on the end, and that is probably what accounts for the difference at this point.

For brewing water, I used the Munich profile from Brewer's Friend and WLP833 Bock yeast. I was aiming at their numbers, mine also 32 IBU, tried for 1.050 but blew past at 1.057. Similar head and lacing, these are GREAT beers!!!!
IMG_0010.jpg

Last edited:
2CE349A8-55E5-4752-B781-A2F7F73E2344.jpeg
2A3D34AD-A202-480B-80F4-488767730C99.jpeg
FDEFD84D-6CBE-4316-9EB2-AA25031F77AF.jpeg
I think this last Mortalis stout I’ll buy for a while, I opened it before it turned thankfully. Very carbonated which seems odd and I don’t recall from the other can I had a couple weeks ago. Their stouts don’t age well which is unfortunate.
Update - as it warms up it’s becoming astringent.
The OH beers were damn delicious as usual.

Last edited:
View attachment 716160View attachment 716161View attachment 716162I think this last Mortalis stout I’ll buy for a while, I opened it before it turned thankfully. Very carbonated which seems odd and I don’t recall from the other can I had a couple weeks ago. Their stouts don’t age well which is unfortunate.
Update - as it warms up it’s becoming astringent.
The OH beers were damn delicious as usual.
Never seen a stout look like that color. Is there any roasted grains in that?

Never seen a stout look like that color. Is there any roasted grains in that?
2F6733FF-6BE8-482C-A660-174C7FF337AD.jpeg

It’s a white stout. It was like drinking a cold Starbucks Frappuccino with alcohol. Very sweet when fresh and it was good for what they were trying to accomplish but I had to split the can with a friend b/c it was too much for me. Then I was experiencing their stouts going sour after a month or so and figured I should drink the other can before it turned too.

Last edited:
Back