What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Blonde in a more appropriate glass
03488B96-F9B9-43BE-9182-863AE72E65B5.jpeg

IMG_20210116_232031~2.jpg

Last night. 100 ml snifter sample of my first 5-gal after confirming FG was same as 2 days ago. Bottling today (sugar, no CO2).

AIH extract Zywiec Porter Clone kit with some changes & additions for various reasons. Now it's (moreso) an Imperial Baltic Porter. Used lager yeast.

Opaque to phone flashlight. Deep brown everywhere a drop lands on counter, floor, etc. From above the snifter, the flashlight appears cranberry color at the edge of the glass! That was a surprise.

I am not not skilled beer judge. Still working on beer drinking skills. It reminded me of both beer and wine for lack of vocabulary. Not carbonated, left in refrigerator about 20 mins but I took a few hours to sip it. My low bars for success were non-failure and had to be palatable. All about justifying the cost of hardware and replacement of moldy LME due to me procrastinating while adding hardware. Failure of ground-level success bars would be discouraging to say the least.

OG 1.120 63.0 F
FG. 1.026 64.0 F
12.33%

I am actually stunned I achieved such numbers. (4th brewing effort: 3 x 1-gal, 1 x 5-gal), And that I drank the whole tiny snifter of uncarbonated sample without making faces.

Cold Smoke with some shrimp Alfredo and a salad. I’m batching for a few days. My wife is 200 miles away, caring for an elderly aunt who injured her back in a fall and was moved out of the hospital before she was mobile to make room for more Covid patients.
33B0674C-4DA0-4016-A81A-94D5A5500F98.jpeg

Cold Smoke with some shrimp Alfredo and a salad. I’m batching for a few days. My wife is 200 miles away, caring for an elderly aunt who injured her back in a fall and was moved out of the hospital before she was mobile to make room for more Covid patients. View attachment 714894
Good luck to your wife's aunt.

Back