What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0678A72A-98C6-483C-8F71-5E67CD63E61F.jpeg

You need to get into the Pilsners. The reat was just fluff :)
D83AE74A-6926-4804-A46D-A97AC0584C98.jpeg
Like this one? Decided to crack it open after going to the store with my wife and daughters for the first time since COVID-19 started. Enjoyed it while I closed up work to enjoy a long weekend with the family and some friends in the Adirondacks starting tomorrow.
I had to use this glass like @j1laskey was using earlier. Trying to keep up with the cool kids. Haha 🤪

61E3814A-82D8-498D-98BF-13605522894F.jpeg
Enjoying another delicious FotD beer from @fourfarthing, thank you!
If anyone knows what my youngest’s favorite animal it is, it’s the lemur! I’m sure @fourfarthing recalls that b/c he also hooked me up with a Solar Lemur IPA (Fifth Hammer Brewing) a while back so I could turn the label into a magnet. So when we went to Trader Joe’s last time she spotted this bag with the Mouse Lemur on it. So we had to add it to our reusable grocery bag arsenal. 😂 Her love of all lemur species runs deep!

I'm hate-drinking my first batch with Diamond lager yeast. If you're thinking about giving Diamond a try because you've read that it's a more reasonably priced version of 34/70, it's not. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it isn't even a lager yeast.

I'm hate-drinking my first batch with Diamond lager yeast. If you're thinking about giving Diamond a try because you've read that it's a more reasonably priced version of 34/70, it's not. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it isn't even a lager yeast.
What aren't you liking about it? I've used it as a replacement for 34/70 in my pilsners and can't tell a difference. I haven't done a side by side, but there was certainly nothing bad about it.

I know there is info here but I wanted to ask you. Have you brewed an Extra Stout or Foreign Extra? Is it just more of each ingredient or is there some Caramel malts, or something else? I like he extra stout over the foreign since can drink more of them at a time.
I haven’t, sorry. I’m sure there are lots of different recipes floating around. I’m still searching for a respectable version of the Draught recipe... nothing seems to be able to duplicate their unique flavor.

I have a Dunkel lagering in the fridge and a Helles in primary. I used diamond. Hope your experience is a one off. these are my first lagers so I have nothing to compare too. When I bought he yeast More Beer didn’t have 34/70

I haven’t, sorry. I’m sure there are lots of different recipes floating around. I’m still searching for a respectable version of the Draught recipe... nothing seems to be able to duplicate their unique flavor.
The ones you post sure look good though! Im really enjoy my last attempt at the Draught. What I made is “nuttier” and a little “roastier” But I’m enjoying. Wonder if it’s the small amount of sour Guinness they add? I’m sure they have some sort of super ancient yeast that we don’t either.

Wonder if it’s the small amount of sour Guinness they add? I’m sure they have some sort of super ancient yeast that we don’t either.
I’m sure there is some perfect combination of ingredients that we either don’t know about or don’t have access to. I’ve tried every tip and hint I’ve read about plus some. I’ve done the sour beer addition, lactic acid addition, dry yeast, liquid yeast, mash roasted grain with everything, cold steep roasted grains and add late in boil, 3 different water profiles, etc, etc.... I have come close but never close enough to say “this is it!”

Back