What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won’t drink Coors Light. Never have liked it (even being a Colorado native. Coors banquet is doable however) Quality was never a top priority in college :rock:
I’m not proud to say, but I’ve drank my fair share of warm beers.

Same. Coors and keystones are solid passes for me. Both have bad experiences attached to them, plus I never did appreciate the taste of them. I've also dabbled in too much warm beer that I'd care to admit to. A good friend of mine's dad used to keep pigs eye pilsners in the back of his truck while he was in the field. Those cans would just be cooking to the touch, and he'd hop off the tractor and pound two of them back to back. Not ashamed to say that the man was a bit of a hero to me after that. Don't think that beer is still around, but it wouldn't shock me if he still had a few cases stashed on the farm somewhere.

A good friend of mine's dad used to keep pigs eye pilsners in the back of his truck while he was in the field.
Funny you mention that... we had some family friends that came out to our farm to hunt pheasants every fall when I was a kid and they would occasionally bring pig’s eye and pig’s eye light for the weekend. If I recall it had a pirate on the can. Used to sneak a lot of that out of their cooler.

HB Scottish Ale
1527858D-9AC6-4928-885E-7AC7D155D025.jpeg

Haha yeah thats the stuff. It was brewed in st Paul, kinda surprised it would have even made it out that direction. At least they used a cooler... Its actually a pretty neat backstory on the history of St Paul attached to it. My dad owned a bar for a few decades and there was always just a case or two of it in the cooler for a die hard that loved it. I have a bar mirror with the logo stored somewhere, along with about 80 others.

I drank tons of bad beer and I'm a lesser being for it. That was one of them. You cannot rewrite history. That and Coors light cross the line. Unless you're talking about water-infused alcohol, it doesn't fly.
That was a nice photo though.
Edit: I dare anyone to drink it at 55 degrees Fahrenheit.

I love a challenge. Let me find a thermometer (tomorrow) so I can get it to the proper temp and then I record it. I’m guessing it will still go down like water.

4C6DE346-73FD-4B89-936F-4D2C330D5BAE.jpeg

Haha yeah thats the stuff. It was brewed in st Paul, kinda surprised it would have even made it out that direction. At least they used a cooler... Its actually a pretty neat backstory on the history of St Paul attached to it. My dad owned a bar for a few decades and there was always just a case or two of it in the cooler for a die hard that loved it. I have a bar mirror with the logo stored somewhere, along with about 80 others.
Just googled it and appears it is still available. The stuff I remember was the original release in 1992 when I was a junior-senior in high school. Those guys started coming in the late 80s and I don’t remember them ever having any good beer. They are still coming out and nothing has changed. Last year they brought grocery store beer from Kirkland

image0.jpeg
For International Beer Day I went deep into my cellar for a 2011 DFH 120 Minute.
This tends to be really hot fresh - but man, it ages beautifully. Super smooth, obviously not much hops left, but great malt flavor - it's more like a big barleywine at this point. I think I have a few more down there.

View attachment 693034For International Beer Day I went deep into my cellar for a 2011 DFH 120 Minute.
This tends to be really hot fresh - but man, it ages beautifully. Super smooth, obviously not much hops left, but great malt flavor - it's more like a big barleywine at this point. I think I have a few more down there.
Yeah, not a fan of the fresh ones but haven't had an aged one, good to know. Thanks for the post

Lol, sent my daughter a text about that. There is hope for all the parents that believe their children will be pro in something else.

Haha! Cousins taught me Donkey Balls (ladders?) on the farmland many moons ago. Wonder if that's a pro sport now??

HB Hazy IPA...still drinkable

IMG_20200808_155713.jpg

Perhaps you can ask @dawn_kiebawls :D

If cornhole is now a pro sport I DEMAND ladder ball/bolo ball/donkey balls become NCAA sanctioned at the very least. I'm quite good at it and can't afford college tuition. It's my only hope to make my parents proud lol...

Donkey Balls is a new name for the game, and I must say I like it better than all other options.

In the spirit of keeping the thread on track, I'm drinking a lot of water today. My neighbor got me drunk off Budweiser tallboys last night and I'm paying significantly for it

Back