What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one aged very well.
20200614_172259.jpg

Deschutes Fresh Haze IPA. Never had this one before, which is weird, because Deschutes is one of my faves. (looks flat because I got a call halfway through pouring) Very glad to enjoy it. :bigmug:

It's a perfect start to a partial mash brewing day! Doing a WCIPA with fresh spruce tips, Kviek Voss and an extra drop of dry malt for a kick. I love brew day! :D

Deschutes_FreshHaze.jpg

Morally obligated to drink while barbecuing when your smoker has a bottle opener built in. Imperial Double IPA to start, a nice low abv grisette later so I’m not so tanked that i burn dinner. Some smoked thai drumsticks for tonight and a meatloaf for tomorrow’s dinner.
3F71DA24-661F-4B8A-9804-D5B69BF59372.jpeg
BC72FC2F-FA85-41F5-9994-B0722917814D.jpeg
CF98712C-7ED2-47A8-B305-328C7190B8D3.jpeg

Collective Arts Brewing Porter, with Cascade and Nugget. Same brewer and style, different artwork. Cannot remember if the wrestler in the art is Butterbean or someone else. He looks familiar, but I'm no wrastlin' expert! :D

View attachment 684963

I don't know. The Crazy George Steel on the can...

Morally obligated to drink while barbecuing when your smoker has a bottle opener built in. Imperial Double IPA to start, a nice low abv grisette later so I’m not so tanked that i burn dinner. Some smoked thai drumsticks for tonight and a meatloaf for tomorrow’s dinner. View attachment 684965View attachment 684966View attachment 684967

Did the opener come factory stocked, making it an ideal purchase? Or installed after the fact, to encourage the drinking?

Sippin on @pshankstar HB All Together. Very nicely done! Starting off it was a bit dry and neutral but as it warmed up it had a nice citrusy and floral profile while maintaining a very nuetral profile with no hop bite. Very Crushable!
View attachment 684957
I’ll crack one open too. I do get the citrusy part and some pine with this batch. Maybe some tropical notes but mainly citrus and pine as it warms. Yes it is on the dryer side too, I would agree with that.
Cheers bud and thanks for the feedback!
437AB0EB-7E2D-46EA-A8EC-9F164A19F736.jpeg

I don't know. The Crazy George Steel on the can...

Don't think it's really about Crazy George Steele (thanks Immocles) being on the can, it's showcasing artwork from around the world. This one was from Toronto, last time was from Quebec, another one is from the UK. I would bet that the artists just want their stuff out there, beer can display or not!

Interesting as George "The Animal" Steele would chew on the wrestling ring turnbuckle. However, in real life William James Myers was a teacher.

Getting out some angst I'm sure! I'll have to googlemachine the man. I feel I would chew on a few turnbuckles myself if I had to be a teacher. Honorable job and tough conditions!

Microbrasserie Charlevoix Vache Folle Imperial Milk Stout. 'Vache folle' is French for ESB...or 'mad cow' Jeebus....

Ok, so I've never had a Milk Stout, and I can't say I'll have one again. Taste is a bit fruity on the end... then the aftertaste...Sigh.

Tastes like I've eaten too much cheese, that 'cow-y, whey' type of flavour, ...must be the lactose sugar..? Hmm...it's a weird one.

vache_folle.jpg

Back