What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually had one leaking at the post along time ago.... a real B to diagnose because bubbles didn’t show, it was under the keg in fitting. Keg lube solved the problem but not before I lost a 5# co2
Thanks I’ll try lubing the posts. I’ve done everything else I can possibly think of at this point. How long did it take to drain the tank? I would have guessed my tank would be empty by now if I had a leak.

Thanks I’ll try lubing the posts. I’ve done everything else I can possibly think of at this point. How long did it take to drain the tank? I would have guessed my tank would be empty by now if I had a leak.

A couple days before I noticed. It was a slow leaker. How long’s it been? Could try and up the volumes of co2 to find the leak? Or chill the keg first co2 absorbs more when the liquids colder? Otherwise I’m at a loss. Lol sorry.

@PianoMan delicious quad!!! Finishing my cigar with this!!
20191009_224419.jpeg

Had the same thing happen also!! Now, I always take my kegs apart after each use, clean, and keg lube all fittings.
I actually had one leaking at the post along time ago.... a real B to diagnose because bubbles didn’t show, it was under the keg in fitting. Keg lube solved the problem but not before I lost a 5# co2

A couple days before I noticed. It was a slow leaker. How long’s it been? Could try and up the volumes of co2 to find the leak? Or chill the keg first co2 absorbs more when the liquids colder? Otherwise I’m at a loss. Lol sorry.

Had the same thing happen also!! Now, I always take my kegs apart after each use, clean, and keg lube all fittings.
Almost 2 weeks

I'm actually a bit puzzled by the hype around Finback. I've tried a few of their NEIPAs at different occasions and to me they all had too much hop burn to be enjoyable beyond the first few sips.
I’ve personally not gotten much hop burn from them and if I do, I just store the beer cold in the can for another week and it goes away. I have gotten bad hon burn in green and summer from Treehouse this summer but again I just let them sit. I personally don’t judge breweries on their hop burn since it’s usually a hop quality thing and not so much brewery thing.

When you have a bad, bland, or otherwise unfavorable meal at a restaurant, do you give the restaurant a pass and blame it on the food supplier?
I guess you make a fairpoint but I still think it’s different with this situation. hop burn is excess polyphenols in suspension which will flock out and have no affect with another week or two of cold conditioning. I guess I could get behind that they should of conditioned the beers longer before canning.

I guess you make a fairpoint but I still think it’s different with this situation. hop burn is excess polyphenols in suspension which will flock out and have no affect with another week or two of cold conditioning. I guess I could get behind that they should of conditioned the beers longer before canning.

I agree...no brewer should sell their beer until it is ready to be consumed, AND to the other end, they should not still have active fermentation/carbonation in cans either (fruited kettle sours). That, in my opinion, is poor craftsmanship!

If the same attitude was brought to other consumer products, people would be all pissy over it.

I’ve personally not gotten much hop burn from them and if I do, I just store the beer cold in the can for another week and it goes away. I have gotten bad hon burn in green and summer from Treehouse this summer but again I just let them sit. I personally don’t judge breweries on their hop burn since it’s usually a hop quality thing and not so much brewery thing.

I see your point. I only had their beers on tap (served by Finback themselves at different events) so in that case they chose to pour what is in my opinion a sub par beer.

Yeah, I didn't get that. My wife and I saw it, tried to make sense of it and didn't really. My impression was that it was kind of sheepy. I could be totally wrong but that's what it seemed like.
I'd be happy to have someone explain the box to me.
Cheers!

I was unsupervised at Costco and went ahead and got it. Can’t say whether they are any good, yet; but I’ve wasted money on worse things.

Not sure what needs to be explained, it’s an advent calendar just like for kids. Open one a day from Dec. 1st to 24th.

Back