What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robust Porter
Dark beer, but very refreshing for summer.

robust porter.jpg

Our homebrew club just finished our collaboration with Pizza Boy, and are struggling to name the beer. The Nesh and Pizza collab is totally untouchable as far as naming goes. Maybe. We'll see what happens.

You’ll have to let me know when they release it and I’ll swing by and try it. I’m really enjoying this one especially at 9%. They had all the labels turned inside on the cans when I got it so you couldn’t see the name. I’m assuming so kids didn’t see the name.

Fire and Lithium on Sirius.

A96DDDDA-3056-408D-8EF2-74C1A627AFA5.jpeg

Thanks. It’s supposed to be a Moose Drool clone if you’ve ever had one of those. I think it’s pretty close except maybe I used just a bit too much chocolate malt.

Thanks. It’s supposed to be a Moose Drool clone if you’ve ever had one of those. I think it’s pretty close except maybe I used just a bit too much chocolate malt.

I have and its spot on. I thought too much brown malt, but now I get the chocolate. Still a good beer.

Last time I sat on a runway (for about four or more hours) I met a flat earther, and it was one of the most interesting conversations that I've ever had (certainly the most memorable). I would just stand up and ask, "Does anyone believe the Earth is flat?" then switch seats with whoever they're sitting next to (the hell with the wife and kids). Whoever they're next to won't want to sit next to someone who they think is batpoopy crazy (by the way, I don't think that the person who I met is/was batpoopy crazy...just regular crazy like the rest of us).
Couldn't you have just cut to the chase and show them this?

D0qj-qtXgAIBLDQ.jpeg
20190618_201434.jpeg
20190618_211619.jpeg

Mandarina Bavaria Kolsch.... On Nitro....

It's a bastardization of the style, but I like Nitro mainly cause I can go fermentor to keg faster. Lower carb level. For nitro about 3 days at 8psi forced carbed if I missed the spund window.

Don't always know if it's gonna be nitro or spund.
IMG_20190618_213040.jpeg

Couldn't you have just cut to the chase and show them this?

You sit, chat, and learn...if someone truly believes the world is flat I assure you that you will never convince them otherwise. Anyways, she is/was cute, so there's that, too.
upload_2019-6-18_19-29-32.png

June marks three years on this sour, 4.5 gallons still in the carboy. It's very good.
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190618193049545_COVER.jpg

You sit, chat, and learn...if someone truly believes the world is flat I assure you that you will never convince them otherwise. Anyways, she is/was cute, so there's that, too.
View attachment 631843

June marks three years on this sour, 4.5 gallons still in the carboy. It's very good.
View attachment 631849
Well yeah..people have other good qualities not related to intelligence. [emoji6]

I'm going to be in Schaumburg/Rosemont area of IL in a couple weeks so I'm looking for beer/brewery recommendations in the area. We may or may not go into Chicago, but if we do it'll just be for the day. Suggestions welcome.

Oh, after that we're heading to Rochester, MN, so a side trip south to Toppling Goliath is already in the plans, with a trip north to Surly also a possibility.

I'm going to be in Schaumburg/Rosemont area of IL in a couple weeks so I'm looking for beer/brewery recommendations in the area. We may or may not go into Chicago, but if we do it'll just be for the day. Suggestions welcome.

Oh, after that we're heading to Rochester, MN, so a side trip south to Toppling Goliath is already in the plans, with a trip north to Surly also a possibility.
If youre driving through Milwaukee and have a chance to stop at Eagle Park, they are doing really good things in a tiny space. A bit heavy on neckbeards, but what can you do.

Also drinking this while brewing NEIPA
20190619_120321~2.jpeg

IMG_5843.JPG

IMG_5844.JPG

IMG_5845.JPG

Split the crowler with my wife before dinner.
A fruited sour by Big Ditch.
Untappd’s Description:
Berry Vision is a radiant sour ale bursting with blueberry and raspberry aroma and flavor. Brewed with oats, Mosaic hops, and finished with lactose.

Then onto an Aslin DIPA after dinner.
Thinking I may skip going back next week since I plan on hitting up Pen Druid and then the RVA breweries later in the week. It will be a first for me to skip Aslin so I’m enjoying these last few cans I have from them.

Mandarina Bavaria Kolsch.... On Nitro....

It's a bastardization of the style, but I like Nitro mainly cause I can go fermentor to keg faster. Lower carb level. For nitro about 3 days at 8psi forced carbed if I missed the spund window.

Don't always know if it's gonna be nitro or spund.View attachment 631846
Just forcecarb and rock that keg! I go from fermenter to keg and carbed in 15 minutes with clean up lol

Back