What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last and final bottle of Kraken, ughhhhhh. Need a break from hard liquor. Oh and a beer :)

IMG_20190115_153704.jpg

I'm just learning how to manipulate my RO brewing water with mineral salts. So, I'm suffering through a batch of weizenbock which would be tasty if I'd included 1g of epsom salts to the brew water, instead of the 7g that I thought the water calculator indicated. Tastes kinda nasty, but @10% ABV I'm still drinking it. The added laxative effect is a bonus I guess. Either way, it gets the job done!

I'm just learning how to manipulate my RO brewing water with mineral salts. So, I'm suffering through a batch of weizenbock which would be tasty if I'd included 1g of epsom salts to the brew water, instead of the 7g that I thought the water calculator indicated. Tastes kinda nasty, but @10% ABV I'm still drinking it. The added laxative effect is a bonus I guess. Either way, it gets the job done!
Note to self: don't add too much epsom salts!!!! I don't need any help in that department

I finally had a 2 Hearted that I liked. I've been trying for 2 years to like it. Finally got a pour from a fresh keg I guess. It was tasty. But I still don't get the hype.

Say what? I guess it’s some MI/midwest IPA bias but it’s one of the best everyday drinkers...careful as a few will sneak up on you! When in good shape it should be malty and fruity with a firm bitter finish

Hb El Dorado heavy IPA
IMG_0376.JPG

I finally had a 2 Hearted that I liked. I've been trying for 2 years to like it. Finally got a pour from a fresh keg I guess. It was tasty. But I still don't get the hype.

I think that it’s remained popular throughout different crazes like west coast super bitter and NE juicy hazy IPAs is a testament to how solid a beer it is. It’s a go to that is easy to drink and doesn’t disappoint in my experience.

I've read that there is more then enough magnesium in grains So I stopped using it all together. Makes life easy. Only gypsum. Calcium Chloride, and Lactic acid addition.

Added 1oz Citra Cryo this morning. Believe it has enhanced the NEIPA for sure.
20190116_195326.jpeg

I think that it’s remained popular throughout different crazes like west coast super bitter and NE juicy hazy IPAs is a testament to how solid a beer it is. It’s a go to that is easy to drink and doesn’t disappoint in my experience.
If every Two Hearted was as good as what I had tonight, I would be devoted as well.

I know from living in New England that the NEIPA's get tiresome really quick. Don't get me wrong, they can be deliscious. They just start all running together before long. It's nice to have something with some substance and yet not a palette wrecker. Hopefully more locals will have Bells on tap. It seems to translate better into what I was expecting all along.

Say what? I guess it’s some MI/midwest IPA bias but it’s one of the best everyday drinkers...careful as a few will sneak up on you! When in good shape it should be malty and fruity with a firm bitter finish

Hb El Dorado heavy IPA
View attachment 607599
Your description perfectly fits what I had tonight. A very good beer. It just took quite a few and a couple years of trying to get to a fresh one.

Back