What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3356.jpg

In the immortal words of the Kottonmouth kings....
LONG LIVE THE KINGS!!!!

Any hints??

Can't send leaky cans so...View attachment 579671

It's going to make my 8% CREAM Ale look like a biotch if I can pull it off. I'm out of my comfort zone.

Some shmore beer at ASB...fook ASB. I take my Homebrew over there every one in a while to get biased opinions, and I've never had an issue doing this. However the last time I was over there I brought over a grolsch bottle of my CREAM Ale. They were really busy so we didn't open it before I left, but I told them I'd come back in a couple days...asshats chucked the bottle. I get it, they're not my inventory room but at the same time it's one bottle and for the money I spend in that place you think they would be a little more cordial rather than, "We waited a few days, you didn't show up, so...". Whatever! This place puts out great beer, but I'm getting turned off by then far too often. I dunno... Time to just get more HB!!!

/rant

IMG_20180717_174252.jpg

It's going to make my 8% CREAM Ale look like a biotch if I can pull it off. I'm out of my comfort zone.

Some shmore beer at ASB...fook ASB. I take my Homebrew over there every one in a while to get biased opinions, and I've never had an issue doing this. However the last time I was over there I brought over a grolsch bottle of my CREAM Ale. They were really busy so we didn't open it before I left, but I told them I'd come back in a couple days...asshats chucked the bottle. I get it, they're not my inventory room but at the same time it's one bottle and for the money I spend in that place you think they would be a little more cordial rather than, "We waited a few days, you didn't show up, so...". Whatever! This place puts out great beer, but I'm getting turned off by then far too often. I dunno... Time to just get more HB!!!

/rant

View attachment 579675
Wow! At least Pinthouse will lie to me something positive.

SoCo Homebrew LHBS is located in Austin's Thirsty Planet facility now. I was helping them move a 55gal LME barrel when an owner/head brewer popped in. We struggled but got it figured out. I had brought in like 8 HBs and invited this guy for a quick sample. Completely blew me off...no response. That's ok, I told the SoCo dudes, nothing really good comes from them anyway. I can easily return the non-drinking favor!

Nice quad
20180717_210402.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow! At least Pinthouse will lie to me something positive.

SoCo Homebrew LHBS is located in Austin's Thirsty Planet facility now. I was helping them move a 55gal LME barrel when an owner/head brewer popped in. We struggled but got it figured out. I had brought in like 8 HBs and invited this guy for a quick sample. Completely blew me off...no response. That's ok, I told the SoCo dudes, nothing really good comes from them anyway. I can easily return the non-drinking favor!

Nice quadView attachment 579680

For me, it's an I-turned-my-homebrew-into-a-business-so-that-makes-me-better-than-you attitude. These guys act like they never brewed a day in their life and started a successful brewery. Fook oughta here with that 'tude. Makes me want to sit out in the garage until one of these cans blows up and cuts my eye out or something traumatic.

For me, it's an I-turned-my-homebrew-into-a-business-so-that-makes-me-better-than-you attitude. These guys act like they never brewed a day in their life and started a successful brewery. Fook oughta here with that 'tude. Makes me want to sit out in the garage until one of these cans blows up and cuts my eye out or something traumatic.
Joe ( now the Director of Brewing) from Pinthouse, even tho we only chatted a few times still says HI when he sees me. Top notch dude!!

IMG_1531948084.849931.jpg

Burlington beer co roadside bandits.

Interesting definitely, it couldn’t be a regular. I’m enjoying it right now though.

D99ED812-2CB8-46EA-823E-0A671C94D85B.jpeg
WTF is punkuccino?

And also, can you drive some of that to Lancaster to share with me?

It’s an Elysian Clone. A pumpkin coffee beer. It’s close but a little too much coffee. I used a cup of cold brew in a 5gal batch. I will probably cut it back to 3/4 Cup next time. Cloning it for my wife’s girlfriend. It’s her favorite beer.

As far as sharing it. I can probably deliver a growler to Columbia Brew Works on a weekend in August if you’d like. I will post a pic of it next drink.

For now another HB IPA.

View attachment 579771

It’s an Elysian Clone. A pumpkin coffee beer. It’s close but a little too much coffee. I used a cup of cold brew in a 5gal batch. I will probably cut it back to 3/4 Cup next time. Cloning it for my wife’s girlfriend. It’s her favorite beer.

As far as sharing it. I can probably deliver a growler to Columbia Brew Works on a weekend in August if you’d like. I will post a pic of it next drink.

For now another HB IPA.
I can do Kettle Works the afternoon of the 14th, for sure. Other weekend days in August are probably possible, with some planning.

I saw the red lager for $9 a six and decided I didn't need to taste it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.
Nice benefit to Total Wine is buying singles. $1.78 is worth the Untapped tick.

1st beer of the weekend. Nice stout for sure. Have to check out more of these guys.
20180718_192106.jpeg

Last edited:
Back