What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of the year is a blast from the past. HB IPA "Message", still great after 4 months

I love finding bottles in my house that I forgot about. Here is another HB IPA, the Richter Scale. Still awesome,

First of the year is a blast from the past. HB IPA "Message", still great after 4 months

That looks fantastic!

I hate pickles. Yet, two of my neighbors make their own and I eat them, usually while drunk.

Do I have to ship you a bigger TV?

Smacked.

You should have them make spicy ones...

I'm getting a new one when the semester starts, in the meantime I'll be having copious amounts of this

View attachment 1483305868307.jpg

Rincon Brewery Bates Blonde and Mac Brown

20170101_151037.jpg

20170101_151628-1.jpg

Last edited:
Powerade. Still nursing last nights hangover. I feel so terrible. I was a complete wreck at a party I went to. Taking a short break from drinking. Cheers everyone and see you soon.

Just had a half carbonated Black Rock Pale Ale extract kit with Light LME instead of sugar + US05yeast :-(.

My pipeline got stalled waiting for me to complete building my eHERMS setup but I threw this one together a few weeks ago as a stop gap.
Its only been in the bottles a couple of days but I wanted a beer and its all I had so decided to try my luck
Its a little on the sweet side and didn't hold much head so not fully carbonated although I got a small hiss on opening.

I better try and leave the rest for another week at least, It does make a drinkable beer when I'm busy and need to fill the pipeline.

I'm supprised it tasted as good as it does given I brewed it and then got several very hot days and I don't have a fermentation chamber yet

Still waiting on my first two all grain batches to finish fermenting. The first is probably 2 weeks away from tasting.

Brew-day Coffee.

I have 4 beers fermenting and 2 batches to brew (same amount of grain for each).

So, figured I'd just double-up and brew both batches as one session IPA since I won't be able to have all on-tap at once. 24 lbs. of grain and one pound of sugar. 12.5% ABV IPA...Mosaic and Nelson.

Good stuff? I recently received some beer in a beer-trade and Black Note was one of them. I've yet to try it though.

It is a great beer. Very complex with a ton of barrel. It would do wonders to age it actually. I have a 2012 on deck for a bottle share soon...can't wait to see how these mature!

Back