What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took my sample of my HB IPA and its been 5 days in primary yet down to a 1.011.. Think the yeast still have a little while to go? I'm thinking of dry hopping and saying f**k it

If it's a low OG it could w done in 5 days. Just dry hop it.... It will finish out just fine with extra hops in there.

Having a Coke and a frown. Not a productive night at work.

Roasty coffee while I wait for dr office to open. Darn xarelto rep making me jump through hoops. Gotta get some onions for wife's turkey stuffing. We got some 4 turkeys this year, three of them free. So we'll be having that for a couple days.

I just took my sample of my HB IPA and its been 5 days in primary yet down to a 1.011.. Think the yeast still have a little while to go? I'm thinking of dry hopping and saying f**k it

Did you taste it? I've tasted diacyl in my early ipas. Usually give at least 12 days. I wait to dry hop, otherwise oils are slowly going away just sitting there.

Did you taste it? I've tasted diacyl in my early ipas. Usually give at least 12 days. I wait to dry hop, otherwise oils are slowly going away just sitting there.

I never waste beer I did taste it and I didn't really get the aroma or mouth feel, if anything thought it was a tad but underwhelming but this is before it's kegged and carbed so I'll know in about the 18th.. I'm gunna keg on my birthday :)

I never waste beer I did taste it and I didn't really get the aroma or mouth feel, if anything thought it was a tad but underwhelming but this is before it's kegged and carbed so I'll know in about the 18th.. I'm gunna keg on my birthday :)

Sounds about right. Gifts to oneself are usually the best!

Just finished clearing snow from the driveway, anf I'm enjoying a good cup of coffee... Might have had something stronger, but I've still got work to do.

high-west-double-rye-manhattan-vertical-01b.jpg

High West Double Rye

Pineapple Sculpin... The nose is unreal on this beer. The flavor doesn't match it though. It has the perfect amount of pineapple but still tastes like Sculpin. This is a win.

aviary_1454718085600.jpg

This beer and girl scout cookie pairing. No food pairing will ever be as good as girl scout cookies and beer. From left to right...

-Bavik wittekere
-Brouwerij van honsebrouck barista choco quad
-Great divide oaked yeti 2014
-Sternberg gulden draak

And paired with left to right
-Savannah smiles
-Samoa
-Tagalong
-Thin mint

View attachment 1454736469918.jpg

Back