What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ****ing hate kegs today. Lost another brand new tank of gas. I guess my racetrack lid is leaking. Ugh! Bathroom faucet replacement turned bad, I may need a plumber if I can't fix and I'm in a bad mood. Having a coke trying to refrain from the drink. :mad:

I ****ing hate kegs today. Lost another brand new tank of gas. I guess my racetrack lid is leaking. Ugh! Bathroom faucet replacement turned bad, I may need a plumber if I can't fix and I'm in a bad mood. Having a coke trying to refrain from the drink. :mad:

I sent you beers to alleviate the pain. I'd open a few or six tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Apfelwein

1400020621058.jpg

Well 2nd 1/2 growler was the fresh first tap pour this thing is totally different from te first 1/2 growler on Friday can't wait to brew nukes clone

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400021778.751675.jpg

Remmy I'm going all big pours tonight lol

Stone Levitation. Love this beer. Wish it wasn't $12 for a six pack of 4.4%.

Alton Brown homemade salsa. Delicious.

I completely agree. Its still good enough for craft beer drinkers to appreciate, but nothing strange for the BMC crowd to turn their nose up at. I didnt realize how fast my supply of that depleted, I only have 6 left!

That's kind of what I was shooting for ( but missed - unless time is kind ) with my SMaSH.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Change in plans. Since soccer was cancelled, we headed out to my favorite steak joint for dinner (while El Rojo chilled in the sink). I said to the waitress, "do you have IPA on tap?" She responded that they did not. As my frowny face was forming she said, "we replaced the IPA with a new beer...it's an ale...it's called Undercover something..." End frowny face.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Making dinner. Solemn Oath has some of the best artwork on their bottles. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400025846.171527.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400026640.796020.jpg
My Honey Weizen (not really as dark as it looks) pairing it with some chile cheese dogs on fresh home made buns... Cheers!

Sent from my van, down by the river.

Cooking up some paleo bacon chicken alfredo and slugging this growler of Yards Washington Reserve bourbon barrel porter. Not a bad Tuesday evening.

20140513_201032.jpg

Cooking up some paleo bacon chicken alfredo and slugging this growler of Yards Washington Reserve bourbon barrel porter. Not a bad Tuesday evening.

I see you are on the coconut oil bandwagon as well. My wife bought some and she's told me how great it is and how much you can use it for. And it's sat in the cupboard for the past month. Good investment....

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hit the bottle shop earlier today.

View attachment 199304

Starting with this. Again. Love this f***ing beer. :mug:

View attachment 199305

You have convinced me that I will have to grab a sixer next time I am at total wine .

Hit a Hardywood tap takeover to pick up prizes for the hb comp this weekend. Tried a strange mix of grand cru, imperial stout and imperial ipa, all barrel aged. Drinkable, but different.

Now on monks blood. Darn pic won't upload.

You have convinced me that I will have to grab a sixer next time I am at total wine .

Hit a Hardywood tap takeover to pick up prizes for the hb comp this weekend. Tried a strange mix of grand cru, imperial stout and imperial ipa, all barrel aged. Drinkable, but different.

Now on monks blood. Darn pic won't upload.

If you find somewhere that sells it by the 6er, let me know. I've only seen it by the single 500ml bottle.

OK. Two beers that I saw while buying this Griffin Claw and thought I've seen on here:

Monkey King by New Holland
2013 La Folie by New Belgium

Thoughts?

OK. Two beers that I saw while buying this Griffin Claw and thought I've seen on here:

Thoughts?

I would get the la folie, no questions asked. Its really sour, but not too much more than ccb american sour you had, and is just incredible overall. I absolutely love la folie.

Thoughts?

La Folie is a great beer for entering the sour world if you aren't there already. If you are, I would have it on tap in my kegerator year round if it was possible.

I would get the la folie, no questions asked. Its really sour, but not too much more than ccb american sour you had, and is just incredible overall. I absolutely love la folie.

I am not knowledgeable of sours. Should the date concern me or do they do well with age?

EDIT: I knew you'd be the one to chime in on that beer.

I am not knowledgeable of sours. Should the date concern me or do they do well with age?

Date doesnt matter and in fact most some sours hit their peak after a few years. La folie is pasteurized so it wont change much if at all. I wouldnt hesitate to buy a 2011 if i saw it on the shelves.

Edit: I'm sure most now know my love for this beer :D

If you find somewhere that sells it by the 6er, let me know. I've only seen it by the single 500ml bottle.

I have been meaning to get out to total wine and buy a couple to give them a try since you keep talking them up. I will be on the lookout for a 6er of them as well.

They are pasteurized but shouldn't change much. I have one laying around in my beer alcove though have had a 2012 and a 2013 side by side last summer and they were both darn tasty.

Latest posts

Back