What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nerve of people to move conf. calls from morning to later in the day. Messing with my drinking schedule.

Having another coff.

Especially on a Friday. What the heck is the matter with people - nobody wants to be on a conference call on a Friday afternoon!

Moved onto water now ... more than enough caffeine in my system :fro:

I guess you didn't see the link I posted yesterday. Raleigh Rare & Vintage Beer Tasting tix are on sale today. Line up always looks great, but it's just too far for me. You should definitely go, probably best beer fest in SE.
I did!
I'm so there. I need to find some willing buddy to go with me. The beer festival tickets were $55 or something. There was a lot of bitching about that price. I'd probably just go for the $85 ticket and save myself forgetting to buy a t-shirt. I had never heard of this so I'm definitely going to try and make it. I just can't buy now. I spent my play money this paycheck on beers for me and others. I'm tapped till Friday next.

I did!
I'm so there. I need to find some willing buddy to go with me. The beer festival tickets were $55 or something. There was a lot of bitching about that price. I'd probably just go for the $85 ticket and save myself forgetting to buy a t-shirt. I had never heard of this so I'm definitely going to try and make it. I just can't buy now. I spent my play money this paycheck on beers for me and others. I'm tapped till Friday next.

You get an extra hour with the $85 tix, too. It's gonna be awesome, but for the two of us, driving, hotel, blah blah blah it's a $400 event so it just ain't gonna happen. I'll drink vicariously through you that day.

Especially on a Friday. What the heck is the matter with people - nobody wants to be on a conference call on a Friday afternoon!

Moved onto water now ... more than enough caffeine in my system :fro:

Because spilling the details on an application's architecture is fun on Friday afternoons (makes me want to drink more).

It's almost time for a brew. Having a water to prime my liver.

Channel66 said:
Tomorrow is teach someone to brew day I expect you drunks to do just that. Is it too early to teach the little one the ways of the Jedi?
Congrats and definitely never too young. Get SWMBO to drink some and do a direct transfer method to develop her palate. That's what mine did

stop looking at the clock :D thats rule #1 on fridays! rule #2, drink more HB's than you could possibly need once work has ended :mug:

Have a beer already. Things will speed-up.

Haha i think they would frown upon me drinking at work

No beer until later tonight... weekly flag football game is tonight- usually i am done around 8

Channel66 said:
Tomorrow is teach someone to brew day I expect you drunks to do just that.

Is it too early to teach the little one the ways of the Jedi?

I won't be teaching anyone to brew tomorrow. Instead, I'll be in the woods. It's opening weekend for deer season here.
And it is never too early. Just don't expect her to help out much her first time. Now, by two weeks old, she should at least be milling your grain for you. ;)

must be self hate. On Apfelwein number 6 while watching Halloween (zombie version). I need a mask dad gummit

I have one of those lingering traces of a headache today. No regrets though. The house smells of chili and I am drinking a soda while I clean house. I really need to watch a episode of Hoarders or something similar to really motivate myself.

finsfan said:
haha no, that was the original plan but it has been postponed. I dont think im changing my avatar tho, I like mine :D and really dont want to be an animal butt
Im going to join sometime tonight just so I can have a cool avatar, haha. I'm really dig the old guy ones🍻

Remmy said:
Quick buzz going after #2. Burton Baton I picked up while at Dogfish Head last month.
I still have a few of their 2010 and 2011 WWT stouts and no matter how long I let them sit I don't like them! Almost like swilling liquid chocolate charcoal!

I still have a few of their 2010 and 2011 WWT stouts and no matter how long I let them sit I don't like them! Almost like swilling liquid chocolate charcoal!

DFH has some pretty weird beers. I don't really dig 90% of them. But when I am on my way to the beach down there, I always pass by and grab some **** I can't find here in Connecticut. Always willing to try new stuff.

Well earned day off.

image-4273495981.jpg

Lunch is reheated pizza with my Belgian session ale as I continue to try to catch up on this thread.

I think I accidentally skipped a few pgs. It's like a car crash, I know I should keep my eyes on the road ahead but I just can't look away! :D

Mother**** this ****. Love getting e-mails at 1 p.m. on a Friday for urgent ****. Going to crawl under a rock, or possibly drink into oblivion, after I'm done with this ****. Corporate Executives are screwing this world one second at a time. Still smacking my Brown Shugga.

Remmy said:
DFH has some pretty weird beers. I don't really dig 90% of them. But when I am on my way to the beach down there, I always pass by and grab some **** I can't find here in Connecticut. Always willing to try new stuff.
I'm a big American beauty fan but really not much after that? I think what really turned me off was the hype behind tha pearl jam 20th, worst of the tribute line, and u was so excited when I scored a $17 bomber! Terrible never made that mistake again

Drinking coffee while scrambling to fix some last minute glitches in my Access Database for work that was released today. As soon as glitches are fixed I'm killing the last 2 Celebrations I have. Not wanting to focus on the day job as my brewery partners and I have decided that we will be taking out a loan and now need to at least double our equipment costs in order to get said loan so it's back to equipment shopping

I'm a big American beauty fan but really not much after that? I think what really turned me off was the hype behind tha pearl jam 20th, worst of the tribute line, and u was so excited when I scored a $17 bomber! Terrible never made that mistake again

I have a bottle of Bitches Brew downstairs in the basement. Gonna pop that cherry in a few weeks.

Remmy said:
I have a bottle of Bitches Brew downstairs in the basement. Gonna pop that cherry in a few weeks.
Miles Davies!!!!! It the cork and wire or cap bottle! That was the best of the line. I have a few if those too, I was late on the draw. I had the corked botte and drank it as soon as I got in my house went back a few days later and all the bottles had red caps, hmmmm! Had to age those!

TGIF!

The end of a difficult and stupid week.

ForumRunner_20131101_180903.jpg

Rocky Head Zen. It's a blonde ale, which isn't really my favourite. I'm not entirely sure what differentiates a blonde from a standard pale ale but I never really enjoy beers that are described as such.

*googles blonde ale*

you gonna make it to your conference call?

I did. I still function like a normal human being, bro. Although, right now I am feeling it. Holy ****. I love beer.

Creating a 20-page PPT for my boss' boss on 1 hours' notice, who is an executive. At least I'm smacking brews. My head feels numb right now!

Back